Thread: Mamba max pro and xp33 reciever got wet, servo spasms..HELP

Mamba max pro and xp33 reciever got wet, servo spasms..HELP

My t4.1 with mamba max pro and castle 5700 went out of range and darted through a rather large puddle. Now, the esc lights up and the faN kicks on when i flip the switch. Drying everythig out now and im worried i "effed" my electronics. Anyone have any info?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

check with castle and see if you can get a replacement esc. i heard they have great customer service.

water damage isnt covered in castles warranty but for 95 dollars they will take it (both esc and motor) (ill post the flate rate repair costs) and repair it if possible or send you a new one.
    here is the link [url=http://www.castlecreations.com/support/flat_rate_repair.html]Castle Creations | Repair Center[/url]
    full throttle or else it must be broke but breaking it is just another reason to build it bigger and better than before!

Quote Originally Posted by ian2 View Post
    water damage isnt covered in castles warranty but for 95 dollars they will take it (both esc and motor) (ill post the flate rate repair costs) and repair it if possible or send you a new one.
    here is the link [url=http://www.castlecreations.com/support/flat_rate_repair.html]Castle Creations | Repair Center[/url]
    Yea thanks i dried it out overnight and everything . Contacted castle Nd they said esc fixed for 50+ shipping. Glad i didnt need to do that.

Either way i hit more water today and melted my tamiya adapter to my tamiya battery connector. Its the only battery i have left not switched to deans anyway. the reciever blinks red but the esc fires up and makes the correct sound. Drying it out again hoping the esc still works with the remaining deans connector lipos i have. Screw tamiya conectors. No steering or throttle response but still boot sounds...i need waterproof stuff

so im not aloud near puddles anymore hahah. i hate this rainy weather. The mamba max seems to be very resiliant as i have gotten it wet and dried it three times already. I might be lucky though