Thread: need help with esc and motor combo

need help with esc and motor combo

i got a 4x4 truggy for christmas and its the first rc car i ever had so pretty much i dont know anything. But the question i had was its currently a 1 10 scale brushed 4x4 and what i was wanting to do was upgrade it with a faster motor while still keeping it brushed set up. Are all 1 10 scale motors the same or different. do i need to upgrade the esc also. any tips would be greatly appreciated. thanks

we need more info here. what kit do you have and whats the specs of your ESC and motor? ESCs have motor limits, the lower the turn of the motor the faster it goes. So if your ESC has say 15 turn limit you can use motors with 15 or more turns. ESCs also have limits to battery size but if yours can do 7 cells that would give you more speed also. brushed motors are kinda old school now a days and your options are limited.

Like haphazzard said we need more info, but I would personally (with brushed motors) I would go with the Traxxas Titan 12T (12 turn) 550 motor, or (this probably won't fit) but the Traxxas Titan 775 motor. I used the Titan 12T 550 motor for a while in my Traxxas Bandit and it had some good speed (around 25-30mph) in my Traxxas Bandit (then I went brushless). The Titan 775 motpr has some speed but more power than speed. So I hope I gave you some more options for brushed motors.
    (P.S. both motors are waterproof)

~rcman

I agree the titans are good motors but make sure your ESC can handle it. You could get a traxxas xl-5 ESC used fairly cheap used its water proof and will handle most any motor you throw at it, and 7 cell batteries.

first of all id like to say thanks for the responses from you guys im new to this forum and new to the rc game but i looked at the specs for the car and it says 540 class big power motor, and 220 A class electron stepless speed controller. The car is a off brand and impossible to find a website that carries any parts for this car. Its a heng long stuck up 4wd. the car looks like its got potential like theres alot of machined aluminum but its just slow even with a 3000 nimh battery. I also got a duratrax evader brushed model and it will wax the buggy even with a 2000 nimh battery in the evader. so if theres any ideas you guys have let me know thanks