Thread: Evader Brushless

Evader Brushless

Hey, i am thinking of getting a Duratrax Evader Brushless and i was wondering:
    1. if it is a solid car
    2. if you can race it in a truggy class at a club or even a weekend tournament( club recently closed down so I can't ask them, if i join races it will be in a city 2hours from here)
    3. if there are lots of upgradable parts, if so please tell me where I can get them cuz i haven't been able to find many( hobby shop also recently shut down so i have to order parts online)

Thanks for all of the help, please answer

I have also been looking at this car because of its low price. im pretty sure that it is a solid car. it doesnt have many upgradable parts but its got those stress parts that should hold up and if they dont you can get free replacements, I have no race experience so i cant answer number 2

Thanks for the info

I cant wait for duratrax to make a rtr 4x4, im not much of a 2wd fan

you can not run it in a truggy class. a truggy is like a 4x4 monster race truck. the evader is more like a 2wd stadium truck. and also if you were to race i would purchase a name brand with part support at the track you race at so just in case you do break a part you can go buy it at the track instead of waiting for it to come in the mail
    [url=http://www.youtube.com/user/dizzyinzo?feature=mhum#p/a/u/0/u5ZEPGsD7wM]Check out my YouTube Channel : ill sub back if you sub me... CLICK ME [/url]

alright thanks for all the help

bigmooi
    Well let me chime in I guess since I now own one of these second hand. I bought the one you see in the RCNIGHTMARE videos used. I ran it the first day and ran into the issue that everyone else has spur gear died after a hard pack through the system. So first upgrade that is recommended switch to a 32p gears on spur and pinion. I am running 20t pinion and 50t spur both from Traxxas seems to be holding up well after setting the gear mesh correctly. I put a power meter on it and got a 91amps peak not bad for a lipo that was at 7.98 volts. As for upgrade parts people have been just modding what they can since durtrax has been around for a while you are sure to be able to get parts since Tower Hobby carries them in stock. the next mod for this truck is going to be 12mm hexes maybe bumping it up to 17 when I figure out how. It seems like most people just us other name brand parts to upgrade these trucks.

Over all on a scale of 1 - 10 I would give this truck a 10 I think now I would have bought it new. I was looking at a rustler VXL but did not want to pay more then 250 for a 2wd st. I think this truck is very good I have flipped it going full speed on the road and besides road rash it is still great. Only thing that would make this truck better would be cheaper price tag and 32p gears from the factory.

last side note the radio is great, seems alot better then the traxxas 2.4ghz and the servo seems decent and I picked up a castle creations usb programmer since it is a caslte rebranded product. so it is tunable.

as for racing I think it would be allowed in a rustler class. I think you would need good throttle control and maybe some weight in the front. but it would be a decent race truck. winning races like other things in life is about learning and applying what you learn. practice make perfect. some people have skill some people are taught. Also from what the market says the stress tech warranty is suppose to be great. and duratrax is suppose to have good customer service but I have not tried it yet.

Hope this helps good luck.