Thread: rustler vxl help

rustler vxl help

okay im new and wanted a slash but i dont have a local track and i thought a truggy would be good.i like the traxxas rustler vxl rtr for 330$.is it worth it cause im going to run propley a lipo and how would i go about getting a lipo is a rustler vxl lipo ready and is it a goos stater truck since im going to drive on the grass,road,and a little track in my back yerd thats in my woods with small jumps. last question what are some good tires for road and off road,thanks

rustler is a great first time rc cause my friend has one and he loves it. It is worth it and your local hobby shop should have one in stock ( recommend a 3s LiPo instead of a 2s LiPo ) but make sure that it has a traxxas connector. The rustler is LiPo ready, all you need to do is switch the ESC over to low-voltage detection mode wich is easy to do. The stock tires are good on all surfaces for about a week, then they start to wear away. I recommend getting a pair of Pro-Line 2.8 Badlands for the rear cause the stock front tires last a long time. And for on-road tires, get a pair of the Traxxas 2.8 Anacondas. O ya and get either a venom LiPo of a Traxxas LiPo.

Badlands:
    http://prolineracing.com/tires/badlands-2.8-all-terrain-tires-mounted-on-desperado-black-rear-wheels/

Anacondas:
    http://traxxas.com/products/parts/tireswheels/anacondatires (Get the pre-glued ones)
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler

ya the rustler is a good truck because you can upgradde it later on if you want and the stock tires on it are good the way they are to get you started
    but for after market tires you want some sand paws for dirt and traxxas anacondas for onroad