Thread: E-revo engine replacement options

E-revo engine replacement options

Hi guys
    I was thinking about buying an E-REVO Brushless but i know the Mamba Monster electric motor and esc are not waterproof and i would like to know what if anything would be the best waterproof replacements for these as i intend on using this truck in some wet and occasionally muddy conditions without ruining it if possible. Also if anyone knows of any other problems i might have with any other part of the truck in these conditions please let me know.

Cheers guys
    xviper41x

for your wetter running then you should use the brushed setup that comes stock on the brushed erevo and emaxx. buy for more power and speed try and upgrade to bigger brushed motors.
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler

Thanks rcman for your quick advice.

what i did was i took the esc shell off and i rapped up the connectors and heat sync and covered it in liquid tape... i check it once a year to make sure its sealed... I wouldnt get a brushed set up because water is bad for those motors, its fine if you clean them after water runs. On a brushless motor it doesnt matter if it gets wet, if anything its better to get the motor wet because it will cool it down.