Thread: blowing motors after 2 minutes

blowing motors after 2 minutes

my dad has the arrma granite it mabey had an half an hour run time the the motor started to over heat. Now the hobby shop has put three new motors and they all burned out. I think the esc has almost like a voltage drop. What should i do???

if your buying brushed motors then do a good break in...check you-tube on how to do this. then I would gear up or down to compensate for your over heating issues.

Grass and steady hard on it are great for killing motors unless your geared for it....again check you tube for your next question....

"how should I gear it then"

That weird sounds like motor brushes are two short? Invest in a motor with replaceable brushes or brushless

Check for binding in your drive train and try not to hold wide open throttle for a long time. Grass will also cause a lot of heat. If you do a break in and car for your motors, they should last a long time. Also to fix all your motor problems, just upgrade to brushless.

Dude, the look is of a 5 year old kid's R/C car and you play with that. I would be embarased just putting the batteries in. Get a Stampede VXL. Drop the $150 junk and get a real hobby grade R/C. Get out of the $150 range and get a $350 REAL hobby grade R/C! I mean it looks terrible.

replace the esc before you run anymore motors because the motors arent cheap and arrma should replace it for you free if its under warrenty since it was thier mistake