Thread: Just a quick question...

Just a quick question...

To start, I love all forms of Hobby Grade RC, and Im not trying to be a hater in anyway.

But there's only one thing I don't get so far,

Why are ShortCourse trucks so popular?

I can understand RockCrawling when it first became big, new class completely different driving style.

But when SC trucks first came out, they were literally Stadium Trucks with new bodies and bumpers on them.

It's not like I don't like them, but Im just not entirely clear and what is "The Big deal that is taking over everything else" factor.

Thoughts?
    Collection:
    B4 Mamba. 'Nuf said.
    RC18T (added wing)
    GC-3 gatekeeper Losi Mini-Crawler
    Micro-t
    Micro-SCT
    Original Mini LST (Exo-Tek LXT Single Servo Converson, Traxxas servo)
    Soon to be Quadcopter.

i think its the durability, scale look, and easy to drive.
    i missed out on the stadium truck craze.

I agree w/ ^^^ more on the scale side of rigs. The more you can relate to something the more you will like them.
    one reason scale crawling is so popular, you can make them look just like something you can drive in reality
    Jay

[url="http://www.youtube.com/rcnightmare#p/a/u/0/DxSeXbkRtLU"]YouTube - RC Nightmare[/url] << Click & Subscribe !!

[url="http://www.rcnightmare.com/"]RC Nightmare Blog Homepage[/url]

[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/rcflightschool#p/u/0/22ZYAJoNXRg]RC Flight School-RC Plane Vids[/url] << Click & Subscribe !!

i think it has something to do with when they came out they were so cheap, and strong. and then once the racers picked them up they realized they needed skill to race fast with them, so they became popular among the racers while maintaining the strength and the price. because a slash was my first and i know many more that had SC's as their first
    [url=http://www.youtube.com/user/dizzyinzo?feature=mhum#p/a/u/0/u5ZEPGsD7wM]Check out my YouTube Channel : ill sub back if you sub me... CLICK ME [/url]

^All of the above

They are popular mainly because of their scale looks, relatively cheap price and cheap parts, durability, ad their versatility. The main reason they are more popular than stadium trucks is because SC truck look more like actual trucks.
    I reject your reality, and blow it up with C4.

My Garage:
    Losi 8ight 2.0 E
    Losi XXX-SCT
    Associated B4.1 Worlds edition

I think it's kind of neat how things have progressed in RC. When RC first came out, they were all very scale looking, then they started to become less scale, now they're become more scale again.

It is true SCs can be very tough to drive fast. Although I still come across some people who think SCs are the fastest RC, I tend to win by a mile at race day being the only one with a buggy. Just because of tires and aerodynamics.
    I can see the fun of the challenge, and the user friendly-ness where no one is particularly fast. With some other classes either you're fast or you're not.

As for durability, Add a bumper and RPM arms to a T4, you have you're self the same thing as a SC minus the body, and I think price was just Traxxas wanting to make some sales, and everyone else following.

I think I may just have to pick my self up a new Blitz now
    Collection:
    B4 Mamba. 'Nuf said.
    RC18T (added wing)
    GC-3 gatekeeper Losi Mini-Crawler
    Micro-t
    Micro-SCT
    Original Mini LST (Exo-Tek LXT Single Servo Converson, Traxxas servo)
    Soon to be Quadcopter.

They became this popular because of advertiseing and price. Now a days anyone can afford a slash rtr over a nitro etc. So there for thats where most start and stay because they get there weekend fun and dont look to spend much more but to upgrade there trucks they own. Pretty simple and honestly if it wasnt for traxxas and sc we wouldnt be in rc like most of us today or the guys who found rc because sc.
    Mugen MBX6
    TLR 22
    Mugen MBX6 ECO

Thanks to my sponsors: |RcRenew.com | VP-PRO Racing | Kal-Gard | FTH | Assassin Graphics |

If you could choose between a staduim truck with no bumpers and resemble no full size car to a short course truck with bumpers and look like the real thing, at the same price range, people go for the short course trucks, i went for it because of the bumpers, i like bumps there to protect the arms

durability, scale look, saved the industry, and easy to find parts for but i think that truggy are also coming back