Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what is the best all around short course truck to get?

Post what is the best all around short course truck to get?

I want to get a short course truck but i am not sure what to get.I want One but then see another. I want something to race on accoasian and bash basically an all around good truck. I hear good thing about the slash that it is the best basher but it does not seem to be a race truck. It sits to high ans want to roll in the turns. The sc10 is the best race short course truck. But that is all it is good at.I want to get something that can handle anything i can through at it, but also has aftermarket parts.

Well, thats a hard one. They don't really make SCT's that can race and bash. If you want aftermarket parts like upgrades, I'd say the slash. I have a Slash 4x4 and it's a awesome basher. But with some tuning, you could have a chance at winning with the Slash.

HPI Blitz or losi xxx-sct. those 2 are both very tough but handle well on a track. The xxx-sct handles better than the blitz but the blitz is a little tougher. The xxx-sct is still plenty tough though. The blitz has an all metal gear transmission so it can handle super high power motors but ive ran the vxl motor in my xxx-sct for quite a while with no issues.
    I reject your reality, and blow it up with C4.

My Garage:
    Losi 8ight 2.0 E
    Losi XXX-SCT
    Associated B4.1 Worlds edition

sounds like you need to stick to a traxxas slash, strong as they come. With tons of after market parts and lower chassis plates for racing allows you to almost dominate on every level of what a SCT truck is made for. LCG kits are not a wallet breaker so if your plans are to club race one of those should make its way to your shopping list......

I myself liked the ride height but body roll was an issue so i installed the pro-trac kit to widen it a bit and help keep it more stable through the corners, now the lap times between my SC10 and the wifes slash are to close to call sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by GSwagg View Post
    I want to get a short course truck but i am not sure what to get.I want One but then see another. I want something to race on accoasian and bash basically an all around good truck. I hear good thing about the slash that it is the best basher but it does not seem to be a race truck. It sits to high ans want to roll in the turns. The sc10 is the best race short course truck. But that is all it is good at.I want to get something that can handle anything i can through at it, but also has aftermarket parts.
    Slash 4x4 vxl all the way

Quote Originally Posted by Boston2612 View Post
    Slash 4x4 vxl all the way
    Slash 4x4 Platinum or Ultimate all the way
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler
    -Helion Animus brushless

i would go with the lost scte i had the slash 4x4 and had to spend a good bit of money to get it bulletproof and race worthy
    [url=http://www.youtube.com/user/dizzyinzo?feature=mhum#p/a/u/0/u5ZEPGsD7wM]Check out my YouTube Channel : ill sub back if you sub me... CLICK ME [/url]

Quote Originally Posted by dizzyinzo View Post
    i would go with the lost scte i had the slash 4x4 and had to spend a good bit of money to get it bulletproof and race worthy
    Losis fall apart my slash 4x4 Is completely stock and I take it off jumps that put it 30 feet up with no landing ramp and it lasts

the slash is perfect because there is a unlimited amount of upgrades for it and you can buy a chassis for it pretty cheap if you look around online

if you even want to know you are a f****** stalker
    slash ultimate or platinum all the way TRAXXAS FOR THE WIN YA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast