Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Savage XS

Senior Member suburban_hooligan's Avatar
    iv got one now. just finished building the chassis.
    currently hunting a motor in the 3800KV range (preferably something censored)

ESC: MMP
    servo: Hitec HS-7985MG
    radio: futaba 3PL
    [/URL]
    respect your elders. we've been around longer and done more stupid things than you, therefore we're smarter

painted up! bonus points if you know where the paint job came from

still in need of a motor
    rcman likes this.
    respect your elders. we've been around longer and done more stupid things than you, therefore we're smarter

i stuck a castle 3800kv motor in my truck today. ran a pack though it. so far, i gotta say, even with new kit bugs (a leaking shock and some toe in on the front wheels, nothing major) this truck rules! although i do have to get used to 4 wheel drive. mainly flight characteristics. and im still unsure about the sensorless motor. but damn if the thing isn't punchy fast. 4 wheel burnouts!
    going from a 2wd stadium truck to a 4wd monster truck is going to be one heck of an adjustment.
    i think im going to have a hell of a lot of fun with this truck!

Ya man!! I run a 3800 in a two wheel drive. Great motor:thumbup:

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

damn dude, what do you work for castle or somethin?

anyway that motors got so much power i broke a CV joint and lost a pin out of another. got the truck dissected on the workbench right now. digging through my box of parts looking for replacements.

Quote Originally Posted by suburban_hooligan View Post
    damn dude, what do you work for castle or somethin?

anyway that motors got so much power i broke a CV joint and lost a pin out of another. got the truck dissected on the workbench right now. digging through my box of parts looking for replacements.
    Glad to hear your enjoying the new motor. Four pole motors will definantly stress drivetrains. Hope you get it back running soon.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

yeap, had it back up and running later that day. robbed the drive pins out of my hpi nitro rs4 2, filed a flat spot in them and stuck them in the universal joints. lucky me they fit.

however. today i took the truck to work and ran it on my lunch break. i hope to god what's wrong now is just a loose pinion gear.
    i also finally got to to test top speed and found out that on high traction, from full speed it will flip over forwards when you hit the break.

im going to rip into it this weekend, see why there's no power being sent through the center drive shafts. and change the shock pistons and find out why that one shock is leaking (im pretty sure the caps just not tight enough).

and a tip from an XS SS owner: use the shock pistons with the smaller holes. the pistons with bigger holes cause the suspension to be overly springy. causes the truck to bottom out way to easy and bounce around to much.

trucks back together. all that happened was the pinion gear came loose. no big deal. but im lucky it was enclosed in the gearbox cause the screw in the pinion had totally come out.
    i also swapped out the shock pistons for the ones with the smaller holes. the overly sprung ride is gone. handles better, drives better and doesn't bottom out nearly as much.
    ran it a little yesterday. had a pin in a rear universal shaft come halfway out. i think my loctite might be going bad. i re-loctited it and put it back together. so im back to fighting contention over here.

how's this for a bash spot?
    [/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by suburban_hooligan View Post
    how's this for a bash spot?
    [/URL]
    That's got fun written all over it! Good find man.

Sent from Oser world

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12