Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Savage XS

Savage XS

Anyone else have one?

I picked up the SS kit a few weeks ago to get back into RC and can't effing wait to get it up and running!

Electronics
    ESC: Castle Mamba Max Pro
    Motor: Castle/Neu 1410 3800kv 4pole SCT
    Servo: TowerPro MG995
    Radio: Probably Losi 2.4ghz system from friend
    Battery: Turnigy 5000mah 20C 7.4v hardcase (thinking about selling for GensAce)

welcome back...the kit is certainly the way to go for that thing!

I think Jeremy right for sure. I heard the rtr is a heating pain. But the kit has a sharp look. Different shocks and some other stuff that looks better. Motor choices....lol I actually considered one as well as a second truck but not as big as i want i guess. Have a fun rip with it though when ya get going.

I don't have one but really interested in the kit, post up when you get it all together let us know how it goes

It's been built (no ESC/motor/radio) for a while now. I went with a simple all white paint job since it was my first time painting a body and it came out pretty good. Added lots of stickers to the body to make it not so boring and I'm satisfied with it for a bashing body. Stripping the chrome off the wheels soon because I'd rather have white rims to match and not deal with the chrome chipping off and looking terrible.

Sounds good man , can't wait to see it up an running so you can have some fun

Me either. De-chroming the rims an dyeing them ******.

Also changed my mind in the ESC/motor and I'm going with a Brushless Hobbies 120A ESC and a GForce 3650M 3200Kv motor. Together they will cost me under $100 and both parts have gotten grey reviews. The ESC even comes with a USB programmer!

Dyed the rims as they came out darker than I was going for but still look much better then chrome.

Not bad. I was under the impressionvthat the body came painted like it was on the box. That sucks that it doesn't but oh wellbhave fun. And good dye job.

Nice,im planning on getting the kit,is there any upgrade that is nice to begin with?
    I already have the flux hp that i made almost directly to a xl size and other upgrades on,love that truck and thats why im planning on getting the little one to

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast