Thread: how to get more steering out of the blitz

how to get more steering out of the blitz

i did not like the limited steering that i was getting with my blitz. so to fix that i got a longer servo horn and ground off the steering knuckle stops. next up faster servo and metal servo saver

Also try end point adjustments on ur transmitter. They will allow servo to turn further but stop if its buzzing.
    Mugen MBX6
    TLR 22
    Mugen MBX6 ECO

Thanks to my sponsors: |RcRenew.com | VP-PRO Racing | Kal-Gard | FTH | Assassin Graphics |

Adjust your dual rate, if possible get a 90 degree servo or just get a longer servo horn. The servo has a hard time getting the servo saver to get to its full potensail, thats due to the radio. The radio is limiting the amount the servo throw. I believe the servo is a 90 degree but the radio only allows a 60 degree turn. So if you increase the length of the servo horn, you increase the amount of degrees the servo is allowed to move the servo saver. Then if you fix this you want to take the steering knuckles and shave down the bump that also limits the throw. And if you can find a way to make the radio make the servo go a full 90 degrees then great. OOH before i forget, most important tighten down the servo saver. You can check this by holding the servo straight and then moving the wheels. If the wheels move to easly then you need to tighten the servo saver down. But not too much because you'll break it, if you crash.

i'm using dx3s and traxxas 2075, got the radio and servo all set right. i'm strictly talking about the truck and its poor steering design. after closer look sc10/b4 steering components might work. it seem the bellcrank steering arm is the weak link, flexs way too much compared to the sc10

yeah i raced my blitz this weekend and it was my first time to the track with it and the first thing i noticed was i ddint have enough steering. so did the longer servo horn help?

yes, this link [url=http://www.rcshortcourse.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2698]Erik Shauver’s Blitz Tech and Teardown Thread - RCShortCourse.com Bulletin Board[/url] tells lots of mods for the blitz
    i think this guy was the designer or co designer of the blitz but i could be wrong.
    anyhow just got done mod/installing a sc10 bellcrank servo saver arms in my blitz , the stock bellcrank arm was way to flimsy and would flex when you pushed on the wheels

sweet thanks. what motor esc combo are you running and what gearing?

its kinda of loaner truck till i can get an sc10.
    so it got a borrowed sc10 esc motor combo 3300kv and stock gearing and a heatsink on the motor
    calibers F/R
    and slash 4wd bigbore shocks
    Last edited by batman; 07-25-2011 at 05:27 AM.