Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Portugal...

Cool Hello from Portugal...

What's up guys?
    Just wanted to post this to see if there are any other Portuguese user here...

Feel free to ask any question about Portugal, I'll answer you as well as I can...

I also have a Youtube channel:
    [url=http://www.youtube.com/user/JrEtrnty?feature=mhum]YouTube - JrEtrnty[/url]

Cheers
    Last edited by JrEtrnty; 04-27-2011 at 07:29 PM.

RCN Staffer
    Hey welcome to the forum! Now we can say we're truly international!

I do have a question. What is the "big" brand name for R/C by you?

welcome man!!!

Thanks Jeremy xD

Yes indeed we are international...
    Well I have to admit that I haven't made up my mind yet about that...Traxxas I think that gives you an awesome product with loads of part support and they always have some original concepts and interesting features...Hpi has some tough monster trucks, as well as some other 1/5 cool trucks...Hobao/Hong Nor has some rally-game cars which in my opinion are of very high quality, and not very pricy...Thunder Tiger/Team Associated has some really cool trucks as well...
    I can sum up by saying that my preferences go to Traxxas and HPI, even though I dont own any xD

Are you guys into short course truck racing or carpet cars? I know over here in the states it's short course trucks, but every time I see a British guy in a YouTube video with an rc he's using a rc car for carpet racing. I'm not saying the British represent all of Europe either! Then again I see a video in russian and he's bashing a Summit

Well here in Portugal there's a bit of everything:

-Onroad: In the are I live, in the center of Portugal, these are the most common scales: 1/10 nitro and electric; 1/8 nitro (in which I include rally-game and real onroad):
    -Offroad:the most common scale here is definitely the 1/8 nitro buggy; there is also an increasing amount of people going for rc crawling.

You don't get to see a lot of monster trucks here because it isn't a very popular scale; Short course trucks are still very rare, but I have the feeling that they are increasing...

About the brands Traxxas isnt very popular yet even though there are some incentives to its spread going on right now...Hpi is also very rare...Gs Racing is one of the most popular here since it is settled in Spain...but of course there's online marketing which allows us to get what we want...

I hope I've answered your question...

Ps:I hope my English is clear

Cheers
    Last edited by JrEtrnty; 04-26-2011 at 06:39 PM.

could u post a pics of what a track in portugal looks like because. most people here are in a america and dont know what they look like in portugal ( i am one of those americans)...

P.S. welcome to the forum
    [url=http://www.youtube.com/user/dizzyinzo?feature=mhum#p/a/u/0/u5ZEPGsD7wM]Check out my YouTube Channel : ill sub back if you sub me... CLICK ME [/url]

Thanks man!

Here's my youtube video of the onroad track:

Here's a picture of the offroad track...

It's not always in this so good looking condition...it is sometimes preserved in a very bad condition and I really don't like that, since it doesn't bring new people to the hobbie :S
    Here's someone elses video of the offroad track in a good condition:

I guess that in order to improve this awesome hobbie in Portugal events should be better organized and properly and widely spread, whick doesn't really happen...but I'm looking forward to helping w/ whatever I can to help...

yeah you deffinaley have some awesome tracks there.
    [url=http://www.youtube.com/user/dizzyinzo?feature=mhum#p/a/u/0/u5ZEPGsD7wM]Check out my YouTube Channel : ill sub back if you sub me... CLICK ME [/url]

Yeah you pretty much answered the questions. Your English is very clear too. I thought you were typing in Portuguese and the forum translated it into English or something.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast