Thread: yo

Senior Member suburban_hooligan's Avatar

yo

found this place via youtube figured i better check it out. normally i don't do these introduction things i just dive in but figured what the heck

anyway a little about myself. im 27 years old, from So Cal. iv been around hobby grade RC sense about 1994. bought and started running my own stuff in early 1998. iv run nitro and electric, 1/12 scale up to 1/8 scale but i mostly stick to 1/10 electric off road. im mostly into stadium trucks. iv got a few car's right now the main one's being an old Losi XXXT and a Tamiya M03 mini cooper. iv got an old bolink eliminator pan car in the works, with a couple more projects on deck. at one point back in high school i was the neighborhood RC mechanic. id spend 4+ hours a day at the workbench and loved it. back then i had pretty much built, repaired, modified, maintained, and run just about every car from all the major manufactures. but my current knowledge level is a little low as i haven't been paying much attention to the hobby in the past 7 or 8 years, partly out of frustration. but do to my need to tinker iv started slowly playing with stuff again. im starting to hit the forums again to learn about the new technology, brushless, lipo, 2.4 and all that
    respect your elders. we've been around longer and done more stupid things than you, therefore we're smarter

Welcome to the site

You are reviving an Eliminator, nice. That was one of the better affordable rigs back in the day.
    Jay

[url="http://www.youtube.com/rcnightmare#p/a/u/0/DxSeXbkRtLU"]YouTube - RC Nightmare[/url] << Click & Subscribe !!

[url="http://www.rcnightmare.com/"]RC Nightmare Blog Homepage[/url]

[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/rcflightschool#p/u/0/22ZYAJoNXRg]RC Flight School-RC Plane Vids[/url] << Click & Subscribe !!

welcome aboard, to a fun, no a-hole filled, no ad's rc forum!

Senior Member suburban_hooligan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SportFury View Post
    Welcome to the site

You are reviving an Eliminator, nice. That was one of the better affordable rigs back in the day.
    affordable, you can say that again i picked that car up used in late 1998 for the massive sum of $20 with a hitec lynx am radio. drove the daylights out of it for a couple years, finished wearing it out. i found out i can still get parts from RJ Speed so i started slowly picking up parts as money allows. im not getting crazy with it, just turning it back into a street basher. once i get all the parts maybe ill do a build thread on it or something.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy View Post
    welcome aboard, to a fun, no a-hole filled, no ad's rc forum!
    yeah so far this place is pretty cool. it's got a chill vibe going on. a few of the forums iv registered on in the past 6 or so months i don't think im ever going back to.
    respect your elders. we've been around longer and done more stupid things than you, therefore we're smarter

welcome back, this is a great site. most other places have a bunch of folks arguing or complaining about your search skills.
    anyway alot has changed like you said with brushless lipo 2.4 all of these have brought the hobby to a new level
    so if you have any ?'s fire away

Welcome You own cool cars