Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Hi, from Baton Rouge, Louisiana

  1. #11
    brtraxxas
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzyinzo View Post
    yeah you guys defiantly picked two really good kits. if you have any questions feel free to ask anyone on the forum. and i have owned a slash 4x4 and know it quite well... i also own a 2wd slash (basically the same as a rustler) and ill be able to help out as well.

    by the way how did u find the forum
    I did a google search for "Baton Rouge Traxxas" to see if anybody had posted any local information, and this forum was one of the links.

  2. #12
    RCN Moderator dizzyinzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    louisiana
    Posts
    421
    i am guessing you got the trucks from the hobbyshop on airline?
    [url=http://www.youtube.com/user/dizzyinzo?feature=mhum#p/a/u/0/u5ZEPGsD7wM]Check out my YouTube Channel : ill sub back if you sub me... CLICK ME [/url]

  3. #13
    brtraxxas
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzyinzo View Post
    i am guessing you got the trucks from the hobbyshop on airline?
    Yep........Hobby Towne

    When I first started looking up Traxxas, I saw a few online deals.

    But, I figured, best to go with local dealer support incase I have any questions or problems.

    Those guys have given me great customer service!

  4. #14
    RCN Moderator dizzyinzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    louisiana
    Posts
    421
    lol really? i hate going there because they are so expensive. idk if you know about the track in watson but its about 45 minutes away and they have an awesome track. [url=http://www.actionhobbiesraceway.com]Home Page[/url] and there parts are really really cheap. the and shop owner is really help full... if you got time go check them out. i think they are have a race july 2 and its a real sight to see if youve never seen something like it. i think your boys would love it
    [url=http://www.youtube.com/user/dizzyinzo?feature=mhum#p/a/u/0/u5ZEPGsD7wM]Check out my YouTube Channel : ill sub back if you sub me... CLICK ME [/url]

  5. #15
    brtraxxas
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzyinzo View Post
    lol really? i hate going there because they are so expensive. idk if you know about the track in watson but its about 45 minutes away and they have an awesome track. [url=http://www.actionhobbiesraceway.com]Home Page[/url] and there parts are really really cheap. the and shop owner is really help full... if you got time go check them out. i think they are have a race july 2 and its a real sight to see if youve never seen something like it. i think your boys would love it


    Cool, I'll have to check them out.

    I guess it would mainly depend on the parts I need.

    Recently, I lost some little plastic part on one of my shocks.

    It was $3.00 for a little bag of them at Hobby Towne.

    So, it would not be worth driving 45 minutes to another hobby shop.

    But, if I ever need something more expensive, I will check out the other shop's prices.

    Thanks for the tip!

  6. #16
    brtraxxas
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzyinzo View Post
    dude thats so cool. i live in the baton rouge as well. when you say brec park i am guessing your talking about the one on perkins next to the hospital. i actually live next to the other small skate park on old hammond. but yeah if you want we can find a place to go and mess around. i need to get my erevo running. split a drive shaft
    Hey Dizzy,

    I've been watching random youtube videos of various RC cars, and I saw some with kids that took their RC to skateboard parks.

    I'm thinking it would be neat to try out the velodrome and skateboard park on Perkins.

    Have you ever done anything like that?

    I would imagine the best time would have to be during the week, so that I would not be interfering with the skaters.

  7. #17
    RCN Moderator dizzyinzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    louisiana
    Posts
    421
    yeah the i did try it once. i dont like doing it because you jump crazy crazy high. and then you land on concrete, it leaves a real bad road rash all over the bottom of your chassis, but if i were you i would take it easy at first and see the damage it does to the bottom of you kits first and if your ok with it go big or go home. but i did it a little with the revo at the skate park next to my house. the one on oldhammond. but i only do it because i have aluminum skid plates
    [url=http://www.youtube.com/user/dizzyinzo?feature=mhum#p/a/u/0/u5ZEPGsD7wM]Check out my YouTube Channel : ill sub back if you sub me... CLICK ME [/url]

  8. #18
    brtraxxas
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzyinzo View Post
    yeah the i did try it once. i dont like doing it because you jump crazy crazy high. and then you land on concrete, it leaves a real bad road rash all over the bottom of your chassis, but if i were you i would take it easy at first and see the damage it does to the bottom of you kits first and if your ok with it go big or go home. but i did it a little with the revo at the skate park next to my house. the one on oldhammond. but i only do it because i have aluminum skid plates

    Well, I might not try it on the skate park part......I really don't feel like destroying parts of my Traxxas.

    I think we will still try the velodrome one day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •