Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi, from Baton Rouge, Louisiana

brtraxxas

Hi, from Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Hello.

My name is Chad.

Me and my boys recently bought each a Traxxas.

Mine is the Traxxas Slash 4x4 and my boys use the Traxxas Rustler.

We bought them for a fun hobby.

We have been playing with them in the yard and at various brec parks.

If anybody else in the area would like to meet up sometime at one of the parks, that would be cool.

For an exercise hobby, I use my Trikke T12.

If anybody in the area owns a trikke, and wants to exercise together, I started the Baton Rouge Trikke Club, BRTRIKKE.COM

If anybody knows of a Baton Rouge Traxxas club or Baton Rouge RC club that has regular meetings, that would be cool also.

I hope to meet local people and have fun.

ah welcome to the hobby. it is a ton of fun. i used to have a trikke but my mom donated it on accident.

dude thats so cool. i live in the baton rouge as well. when you say brec park i am guessing your talking about the one on perkins next to the hospital. i actually live next to the other small skate park on old hammond. but yeah if you want we can find a place to go and mess around. i need to get my erevo running. split a drive shaft
    [url=http://www.youtube.com/user/dizzyinzo?feature=mhum#p/a/u/0/u5ZEPGsD7wM]Check out my YouTube Channel : ill sub back if you sub me... CLICK ME [/url]

brtraxxas
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzyinzo View Post
    dude thats so cool. i live in the baton rouge as well. when you say brec park i am guessing your talking about the one on perkins next to the hospital. i actually live next to the other small skate park on old hammond. but yeah if you want we can find a place to go and mess around. i need to get my erevo running. split a drive shaft

We have been going to several different brec parks.

So, far, the one we like the most is called Parkview park in the Broadmoor neighborhood across from the Women's hospital on Airline.

It has a large ditch that runs through the middle of the park.

This ditch mainly stays dry, so it makes for some nice air time as you go down one side and flying out the other.

It has a tennis court that usually doesn't have anybody, so you can power slide and zoom around.

The grass is fairly short in most of the park.

It has a sidewalk that circles around the entire park.

Its an over-all fun park to just run our traxxas around in.

We usually try to go out there around lunch time, since there are either very few or no people out there at that time.

brtraxxas
    Quote Originally Posted by shnebo View Post
    ah welcome to the hobby. it is a ton of fun. i used to have a trikke but my mom donated it on accident.
    Thanks for the welcome.

Sorry to hear about your trikke.

Traxxas and Trikke are my two favorite hobbies right now!

Quote Originally Posted by brtraxxas View Post
    We have been going to several different brec parks.

So, far, the one we like the most is called Parkview park in the Broadmoor neighborhood across from the Women's hospital on Airline.

It has a large ditch that runs through the middle of the park.

This ditch mainly stays dry, so it makes for some nice air time as you go down one side and flying out the other.

It has a tennis court that usually doesn't have anybody, so you can power slide and zoom around.

The grass is fairly short in most of the park.

It has a sidewalk that circles around the entire park.

Its an over-all fun park to just run our traxxas around in.

We usually try to go out there around lunch time, since there are either very few or no people out there at that time.
    yeah dude thats not that far from me. i live close to the albertsons on oldhammond and airline. are ur kids trucks stock as well as your to
    [url=http://www.youtube.com/user/dizzyinzo?feature=mhum#p/a/u/0/u5ZEPGsD7wM]Check out my YouTube Channel : ill sub back if you sub me... CLICK ME [/url]

brtraxxas
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzyinzo View Post
    yeah dude thats not that far from me. i live close to the albertsons on oldhammond and airline. are ur kids trucks stock as well as your to
    Yeah, ours is stock.

We've never had any kind of RC, so, the Traxxas is plenty fast and plenty fun straight out the box.

its a smal world after all
    welcome aboard brtraxxas , if you ever have any problems or ?'s let us know

brtraxxas
    Quote Originally Posted by batman View Post
    its a smal world after all
    welcome aboard brtraxxas , if you ever have any problems or ?'s let us know
    Thanks for the welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by brtraxxas View Post
    Yeah, ours is stock.

We've never had any kind of RC, so, the Traxxas is plenty fast and plenty fun straight out the box.
    yeah you guys defiantly picked two really good kits. if you have any questions feel free to ask anyone on the forum. and i have owned a slash 4x4 and know it quite well... i also own a 2wd slash (basically the same as a rustler) and ill be able to help out as well.

by the way how did u find the forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast