Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tarasdad

Thread: Howdy, folks

Howdy, folks

Could have sworn I'd already done this but I guess not, must be old age hammering at the door...

My name is Taradad, aka Barry, and I'm an RC addict. It all started back in the late '80s when I got into RC flight. I was in the hobby for several years bu ended up having to give up my wings due to collega and work pressures. It ended up being a 15 year "sabbatical" from the hobby.

This year I decided it was time to take it up again. I started by getting back into flying. Unfortunately the part of Southern California where I live is home to nearly constant high winds. There are only a couple of hours during the morning where you cam fly, if that. Since I'm retired on disability I really needed a hobby to help fill my time. Since flying wasn't quite working as planned I started looking into RC cars and decided to buy a Traxxas Stampede - and the rest, as the say, is history. After the first five minutes with my 'Pede I was thoroughly hooked. Who knew so much fun could come in such a small package! Now I have the bug, and have it bad. I'm currently planning to expand my fleet by adding a couple of SCTs and a nitro truck for bashing goodness.

So many toys, so little time...
    ian2 likes this.

welcome to the forums i think everyone here has the dang bug once again welcome
    full throttle or else it must be broke but breaking it is just another reason to build it bigger and better than before!