Thread: Hey

Hey

New to these forums, been doing RC Trucks for a while. Run mostly standard setups with the usual RPM, etc.. type upgrades. Basher. Not pro in any way. Got into this for myself, and it has become a regular activity with my two boys. Really enjoy it. Enjoy the local rc community.

Trucks:
    Traxxas E-Maxx 3905 (brushed) - upgraded the motor to a Titan 775. Took a bit of dremel fun.
    Traxxas E-Maxx 3908 (brushless) - Have had to replace far to many parts on this. Many RPM upgrades, and aluminum bulkhead.
    Traxxas Slash 4x4 (basic model) - Pretty fun and durable. Some RPM upgrades. Have had to replace a few parts, but not too bad.
    HPI Flux 2350 - newest truck - Seems really solid. So far, only broke one rear A Arm, due to a really bad landing on concrete from a jump gone wrong.

Have had:
    T-Maxx 3.3 - sold it mostly due to complaints from neighbors
    Slash 2wd - Sold it because it really didn't work as a basher for us. Probably good on a track.
    Shannon

~~~~
    Trucks at the moment: 4x4 Slash, E-Maxx 3905 (brushed), E-Maxx 3908 (brushless), Savage Flux 2350, Savage XS, Trophy Truggy Flux

Welcome to the site!

What RC(s) are next on your purchase list?

If you have the space, get some mini or micro RCs for indoor fun. The Mini-T is one of my favorites. The Horizon Hobby Smash is an upgraded version with better electronics, a different body, larger tires and it still has the same price.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Interesting

I don't yet have plans for our next addition to the RC family. I have recently looked at some things like the HPI Flux XS or maybe a Summit 1/16. But, those are not cheap, so I can't really decide if it's worth it.

I wasn't even aware of 1/18 scale options, and these are much cheaper! I may have to order one just to try it out.
    Shannon

~~~~
    Trucks at the moment: 4x4 Slash, E-Maxx 3905 (brushed), E-Maxx 3908 (brushless), Savage Flux 2350, Savage XS, Trophy Truggy Flux

welcome aboard!!! Adding a basher? Check out the stampede 4x4......

Quote Originally Posted by prezmc View Post
    I don't yet have plans for our next addition to the RC family. I have recently looked at some things like the HPI Flux XS or maybe a Summit 1/16. But, those are not cheap, so I can't really decide if it's worth it.

I wasn't even aware of 1/18 scale options, and these are much cheaper! I may have to order one just to try it out.
    There are tons of 1/16th and 1/18th options. I have a 1/16 Traxxas Slash VXL and I don't really like it. It was overpriced and the suspension is a hassle. I love my Mini-B (discontinued, upgraded version of a Mini-T) and Duratrax Vendetta ST. The ST has also been discontinued and the Vendetta SC is the only off road version left I believe. They aren't that expensive, but the ESC is absolute garbage and will need to be replaced. I went through the stock ESC in days. Duratrax replaced it, but the second one also died in no time. You have to upgrade the dogbones because the stock ones are plastic - no idea WTH the so called engineers at Duratrax were thinking. And since Duratrax is the only company to make CVDs for it they have priced them way too high. Then you have to buy the servo hold down since it's only held on by servo tape which is just plain stupid. But with all that being said, it's a great car when you fix all the issues. It's one of the best handling in the class.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

I've never really considered the stampede 4x4, until recently. Watching some of the videos, that thing takes a beating!
    Shannon

~~~~

It looks like many of the 1/18 scale trucks are becoming discontinued...
    Shannon

~~~~