Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New guy from KS

New guy from KS

Just bought my new slash 4x4 kawasaki edition earlier this yr from our dealership. First major rc i've ever had. Love it! So far just bashing but would like to get into some local racing. Look forward to meeting some new people and researching mods and stuff for my traxxas. So far this hobby is great. Simple and usually cheap to upgrade and love watching rc races.
    2011 Slash 4x4 Kawasaki Edition-RPM rear bearing carriers so far. More mods to come!

Welcome to the threads! Slash is a great truck to mess around with, very durable and customizable.
    2nd Place is the 1st Loser

E Revo Mamba Monster 2200kv
    Slash 2WD Stock with Homemade Swaybars

Youtube Account:
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChris1696?feature=mhum[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by TheChris1696 View Post
    Welcome to the threads! Slash is a great truck to mess around with, very durable and customizable.
    What charger/balancer for lipos and my stock traxxas battery would you recommend?
    2011 Slash 4x4 Kawasaki Edition-RPM rear bearing carriers so far. More mods to come!

Quote Originally Posted by SlashnKawi68 View Post
    What charger/balancer for lipos and my stock traxxas battery would you recommend?
    Thunder AC6 from HobbyPartz.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

I use the Dynamite Passport since I don't use NiMh anymore, but I still have the other charger which was another Dynamite Dual Charger for NiMh. Hobbypartz usually don't include the power supply with the chargers Jato. If you have the money, look out for MaxAmps chargers like the hyperion shown ([url=http://www.maxamps.com/EOS0606i-AC-DC.htm]Hyperion EOS0606i AC/DC Balance Charger, Chargers, EOS0606i-AC-DC[/url]). It includes AC/DC power too.

Youtube Account:

Quote Originally Posted by TheChris1696 View Post
    I use the Dynamite Passport since I don't use NiMh anymore, but I still have the other charger which was another Dynamite Dual Charger for NiMh. Hobbypartz usually don't include the power supply with the chargers Jato. If you have the money, look out for MaxAmps chargers like the hyperion shown ([url=http://www.maxamps.com/EOS0606i-AC-DC.htm]Hyperion EOS0606i AC/DC Balance Charger, Chargers, EOS0606i-AC-DC[/url]). It includes AC/DC power too.
    The power supply is built into the Thunder AC6. It is an AC/DC charger and includes everything you need. It can't be beat for the price and it is reliable. Check the internet for reviews and you'll see it's widely accepted as being a great charger.

Gens Ace LiPos from HobbyPartz are also a great bang for your buck option. Reviews on the internet also back this up.

MaxAmps is so overpriced. Hyperion chargers are great, but you can get them much cheaper at other places.

Ok I will look into them. Thanks chris and jato for the info. Im starting to learn more and more about chargers and stuff. Im not used to lipos. I have a couple lipos but no way to charge them yet. The lipos i have havnt been used in a few weeks and noticed they didnt last long. Will they lose a charge over time? The stock traxxas battery lasted longer.

Ok I will look into them. Thanks chris and jato for the info. Im starting to learn more and more about chargers and stuff. Im not used to lipos. I have a couple lipos but no way to charge them yet. The lipos i have havnt been used in a few weeks and noticed they didnt last long. Will they lose a charge over time? The stock traxxas battery lasted longer.
    Yes, LiPo batteries lose charge over time while sitting around.

I got a couple lipo batteries that so far seem to be bad or somethin. They dont last long at all. I bought a Onyx 245 dual charger ac/dc. The one battery takes forever to charge. Charges at less than an amp. I even charged it at the other charging port and still does the same thing so its not the charger. They are only 2100mah batteries and only cost me $15 a piece but thought theyd have some more life in them. Now I do run my traxxas slash 4x4 in race mode, you think that could be a prob as it will drain the batteries quicker?? I never tried switching it to sport mode yet. Even my stock traxxas battery and my 3100mah battery dont last long either on race mode.

I had an Onyx once but took it back. 2100 mah won't get you anywhere and you can only charge them up to about 2 amps which takes forever. Step up to about 5000+mah. 4wd need a good lipo and a 5000 will get it 30-40 minutes depending on your driving style. And you can charge it up to 5 amps.

Youtube Account:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast