Thread: I'm back! (Into RC)

I'm back! (Into RC)

Hi all!

26 year old Texan I just moved to east Texas from Corpus Christi. I have a RC18T that I just dug out of my case about a week ago and I'm craving 1/10th scale again. I'm off to the hobby shops around me to see if there are any tracks (never raced before) and to get some parts I need for the 18T.

I'll be switching to LiPo batts with this new truck. I'm thinking a 4x4 Slash or Stampede, leaning towards the Slash with extra tires/body/gearing to switch it from scale to monster truck depending on where I run for the day. I guess I'll know more depending on if there are races at this local track or not... I really want something 4wd.

Found the forum by watching great content on the RCNightmare channel on Youtube. I've previously owned a Rustler and a Tmaxx. Both of which are long gone but the RC18T still lives.... despite the fragile diffs.

It will be a few weeks, maybe a month before the new truck shows up. I'll likely be reading and asking a lot of questions about LiPos and body painting. Both tasks will be new to me.

Be back in a few hours after I tour a hobby shop or two.... -Jt3n

Howdy pardner, LOL. I think the 4x4 slash with tires/body/gearing is a great Idea!! Like two trucks in one. Welome back to the hobby and welcome to the forum!