Thread: Getting back into RC

Getting back into RC

First off let me say thanks to the admin(s) for having Talatalk support. That's what brought me here so :thumbsup:

I used to be very into RC late middle school into early high school years and then long story short I ended up selling everything I had except for my IMAX B6 charger and power supply for it plus some tools.

I want to get back into RC because I remember how much fun it can be and relaxing it can be to just go somewhere with a friend or alone and just bash for a pack or two. Car Audio and Photography are my main hobbies so RC will take a backseat but that doesn't mean that I'm going to buy a junk kit. I want something that is reliable, fun to drive, and that doesn't break the bank (TowerHobbies EasyPay eligible and under $350 initially).

I'm pretty sure that I'm going to go with the HPI Savage XS RTR since from the reviews I seen its durable (with a few "cheap" upgrades, looks fun to drive, and for me is a good balance between portability/size and being able to go places and handle various terrain.

I'm mostly going to take it to various parks, bmx tracks, skateparks, quarry's, construction lots, and wherever looks like it may be fun to bash.

Hoping that I won't regret getting back into the hobby and it will do what I want and relieve stress in healthy way.

Hello and welcome back into it. I looked at the savage kit the other day, but they have a kit without electronics i think looked cooler but i just didn't know if it would be too small for me cuz i have the big summits. But they look sweet and have all kinds of power. Only thing i have seen about them recently(savage xs) is overheating issues, but could be self induced due to too much battery and or running time. But i am new so take my advice lightly just read alot of stuff.
    Either wa have some fun and enjoy the forum.

Ended up going with the SS even though it's going to take me longer I get up and running it will save me a lot of money and headache.