Thread: Upgrading my Traxxas Ruslter VXL

Upgrading my Traxxas Ruslter VXL

Just got my 1st RC, already broke my rear a-arm (#3655), stub axle carrier (#3752) and bend my front turnbuckle (#3139). Wanted to make my Rustler little stronger, so I added a tie bar (#2532), wheelie bar (#3678) and a RPM front bumper (#81162).

Wanted to know what else I should add or parts to replaces on the Rustler to make it stronger. Any suggestions?

Hello. Dunno much about the rustle, but there are upgrades for your a arms and all that which you broke usually for any rc so those if you think you may do it again would be good thing i would think. Those little rulers look fun though. Quite fast and high fly looking little rigs. Best of luck and have fun.

I'm not to sure but isn't the rustler more of a stadium truck? these are not great bashers from what I've seen or know about ST. These I would say make better racers/speed runners, yeah you can jump them but within reason. Rolling end over end or flipping could destroy them, the tires and a-arms are more prone to breakage due to being outside the shell. I have owned 1 ST and will never buy another just for that reason, unless I raced it.

as to your question, I would look on the RPM site and see what upgrades you could go with to help you.

It's my 1st RC and it is a stadium truck... I am not using it as a basher... I just drive it around my drive way or any empty parking lot, but within the 1st week I broken those pieces. I was told that this RC was prefect for new comers to the hobby. I was looking into RPM, heard that their parts are stronger.
    Since you mention basher, what would you recommend as a basher?

There is a huge debate on the forums of what would make a great basher, IMO I would tell you to look into a Traxxas slash 2wd/4x4 or Stampede. Parts are easy to come by and there cheap. Every RC dealer or shop carries slash parts.

Don't always listen to ppl and their opinions on whats the best RC for any application, I myself looked on-line, read reviews, watched alot of you-tube vids then decided for myself what I wanted to buy. Thats why I will tell you " to look into slash's"
    Everyone in the world of RC's will not treat their RC's the same so taking the word of others with whats the best to buy will most always be different, because the way we play is different.

Thanks bro... Yea it took me 2months to pick my 1st RC, this is an expense hobby so I wanted to see what would be best for a newbie like myself... Same reason I didn't go nitro, electric is plug and play... Thinking that I am going to stick with Traxxas, parts are easy to come by... I have been looking into the Traxxas Stampede... Reading mags ,forums, reading any review and looking at YouTube videos... Thinking of having two good electric trucks and familiarize myself with the mechanics of them before jumping nitro...