Thread: Greeting from South Jersey

Greeting from South Jersey

Hey All

Just found this forum looking at some videos on youtube. Found the reviewers kind of interesting if a bit long winded. I am an occasional poster at a couple of other RC forums and am getting back into the mood now that some warm weather has hit here.

Was talking to an old friend about getting an RC car for her son, and thought I would hit the web before bed to see what the new hot thing is. (I will start a seperate thread about that)

Was into RCs as a teenager back in the 80's thanks to a neighbor with a monster beetle. Got my own RC10 (gold pan buggy) that I abused a bit then RC fell by the wayside.

Now have a son that was getting toy grade RCs that lasted a week or so for a couple of years of birthdays and Christmas's so decided to get him a hobby grade.

Started with a minislash. then I bought one VXL (MSV?) for myself to race with him. After upgrading he now has a MERV. lol, very fun little car.

Took it took a skate park (finally) last summer. Car is mostly stock, geared at 25/50 IIRC, TRX aluminum shocks I took of a roller I purchased, upgraded to ACE Hardware springs and a heatsink for the motor (passive cooled). Running stock single NiMH power stick.

I am not much of a photographer and an even worse videographer so it will be a learning experience. (Videos were converted to AVI and then spliced/edited/slomoed and soundtrack added with Windows Live Movie maker)

Oh, also bought a used 'Pede, that I upgraded to VXL and 2.4GHz with slash arms and front bumper with enough parts to almost complete a second car but sold them both off last Fall. Looking to expand our RC garage again as soon as I find some better employment.

welcome to the boards...Ill keep it short winded....

LOL

Sorry about the long intro, I am a writer and do PC reviews. I was in writing mode when I stopped to look at RC stuff last night.