Thread: New to 1/8 Scale

New to 1/8 Scale

I thought I already posted this intro but here goes again.

I started out racing 1/10 scale electrics back in teh 1980s (Team Associated RC10) and also raced onroad 1/10 scale glow in the mi 1990s (HPI Nitro) and got away from the hobby when the tracks closed down. Now, a LHS near where I live has opened up 2 new dirt off-road tracks and I see that 1/8 scale glow and electric are the new hot racing scales.

I have pretty much decided on going with the Mugen MBX 6 Eco but have also looked at the RC8e, Serpent, Ofna, and Losi buggies. Before I take the plunge, I want to do more research!

Thanks,
    Robert

I run the Losi 8ight e 2.0 and love it and it handles well. but the mugen mbx6 eco is one of the best values you can get for a 1/8 e buggy. If i had to do it all again, i would have gotten the mugen. The mugen is better setup out of the box than the losi although all you have to do to the losi to get it running better is put in some front toe out for more steering.
    I reject your reality, and blow it up with C4.

My Garage:
    Losi 8ight 2.0 E
    Losi XXX-SCT
    Associated B4.1 Worlds edition

The Mugen and the Ofna Hyper 9e are the 2 best ones out there and the mugen has got to be the best value out of the box. im gonna get the ofna just cause its a little bit cheaper but i also like it a lttle better. The mugen is "racier".
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler

Glad you posted this question I am in the exact same place as you are right now! Mugen seems really to have it all, in Europe as well