Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XXXT resurrection

Senior Member suburban_hooligan's Avatar

XXXT resurrection

sense there's no stadium truck build thread and this is more of a re-build than a build ill post this here.

after 2 years of non use do to a couple broken parts and several worn out parts. everything has finally been acquired and my old XXXT went under the wrench this afternoon.
    it had been so long sense i had torn into the thing that i had to use the instruction manual. i don't think iv used that manual sense probably 2003. and i hate to admit this but i am having to relearn ball diff and slipper clutch adjustment.
    anyway here's what iv got so far.

sorry about not having more pic's and written content to go along with it but i got on a roll and it was hard to remember to stop and take pic's.
    hopefully ill have some action pic's and/or a short video within the next few days.
    and if anyone is interested ill go ahead and post the specs on the truck.
    respect your elders. we've been around longer and done more stupid things than you, therefore we're smarter

im the same way im rebuilding my xxx cr buggy just got all the grease and lube for the ball diff and goin to get it into racing again losi electric cars need to make a come back at least the old xxx series

right on. i like the XXX series. solid platforms. one of the better buggys/trucks ever made.

here's a few "test bash" pic's. im out of practice when it comes to shooting video and pic's and driving one handed at the same time.

only about 5 feet of air.

can you believe i actually saved this and landed it on all 4's without crashing

and a video

and the spec's.
    team losi XXXT kit. bought back in 2001.
    trinity speed gems 2 15X4 motor (in a speed gems 2 12X2 can and 17X1 end bell)
    duratrax streak esc.
    cheapo servo
    HPI radio
    team losi wheels
    proline dirt works tires

hop up's:
    trinity "team kinwald" aluminum rear pivot block
    trinity "team kinwald" aluminum front hinge pin brace
    losi graphite rear suspension arms
    losi graphite rear chassis plate
    AE ball studs (off a T3)
    AE turnbuckles (off a T3)
    HG titanium top shaft
    Last edited by suburban_hooligan; 01-09-2012 at 11:28 PM.
    respect your elders. we've been around longer and done more stupid things than you, therefore we're smarter

a video update on what's going on with it

nice update. i see you have the old manual. can you send me the whole section on building the ball diff because the one i downloaded was for the new ball diff

sure no problem ill scan it tomorrow. PM me your e-mail address and ill send it to you sometime tomorrow

well the 15 turn arm is trash. that's not a burn, that's the com and brushes totally worn out and gone

i just rebuilt the motor with "new" (read used but in much better condition) brushes and a 17X1 arm.

that reminds me i need to go and pick up some stand up brushes for my motor. i just rebulit it the comm looks like a brand new penny

ok, its been way to long sense iv updated this thread. several things have happened with the truck and it's kind of taken a new turn. my original plan was to keep it brushed and just run it and eventually (sooner than later) replace it and retire it in working and in old school form. well that got tossed out the window last weekend when, in a hurry to get it ready to go run i forgot to re-gear it for the conditions i was going to be running in (thick grass) and fried the motor and wrecked the ESC.
    anyway sense i know pics speak louder than words here's a pictorial of recent events.

back in, i think it was March, i managed to break the new transmission case.
    [/URL]

shortly after fixing the tranny case i decided i needed a new charger and a 2.4 gig radio
    [/URL]

last month a friend gave me a couple lipo's (orion 3200mah 20c). i ran those with my old brushed set up until i killed it last Saturday.
    well Sunday i went on tower and ordered some new parts. i was looking at keeping things as inexpensive as possible, and after weighing out cost VS hassle i decided to bite the bullet, give in spent a few extra dollars and go brushless. so i picked up a tekin redline 17.5 motor and an LRP spin super ESC. $68 for a motor and $75 for an ESC wasn't bad.
    [/URL]

so far iv had to tighten up the diff just a little and loosen up the slipper clutch. im currently in the process of figuring out ESC settings and gearing. if there are any XXX/XXXT/XXXT SCT owners out there with any suggestions on gearing for a 17.5 please let me know.

thats cool. i had to do a mild rebuild on my xxx buggy. took it to the track was doing great, but then at the end of the day i noticed my diff was slipping and oh i will just tighten it. but it was still doing the same thing. so i got home and tore the diff apart and found out the thrust bearing tore to pieces. so i bought the heavy duty thrust bearing and i dont have a problem. but now the outer diff bearings wore out and i have to get new ones.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast