Thread: losi strike hate fest

Senior Member mossycrawlerscx10's Avatar

losi strike hate fest

It seems like every forum i get on but this one has lots of people who hate the losi strike.Sure there are things that could have been improved on but i don't see the huge issue with the strike.I've had mine for about 2 months now running it everyday and up until last week i hadn't had any issues with it.The only problems to date are loose driveshaft cups on the trans and the losi 12t motor cooked,and the motor was all my fault-poor maintanence also the esc fried but that seems typical.I've ran it on backyard tracks,in the woods for a bash,and grass and on road.Its taken decent size jumps,cartwheels,good rolls,nosedives and rearend landings and nothing else has broken yet.I was running the stock losi motor,traxxas xl-5 esc,2s lipo,and stock servo along with a traxxas reciever.

Losi RTR electronics are not very good. Every person I know who has had Losi ESC or Motor, has either caught fire or stopped working. Like you said, typical

As for the kit itself, I don't see much wrong with it. Not high quality, but considering how much they were (I don't see them on Horizon any where), I wouldn't expect much
    Collection:
    B4 Mamba. 'Nuf said.
    RC18T (added wing)
    GC-3 gatekeeper Losi Mini-Crawler
    Micro-t
    Micro-SCT
    Original Mini LST (Exo-Tek LXT Single Servo Converson, Traxxas servo)
    Soon to be Quadcopter.

Senior Member mossycrawlerscx10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteTech View Post
    Losi RTR electronics are not very good. Every person I know who has had Losi ESC or Motor, has either caught fire or stopped working. Like you said, typical

As for the kit itself, I don't see much wrong with it. Not high quality, but considering how much they were (I don't see them on Horizon any where), I wouldn't expect much
    Thats part of it the low cost,i guess people thought they could buy a low cost rtr and put tons of power in the truck and expected it to last.I don't know its been my experiance that if you put a high voltage battery in something with a brushless kit that anythings gonna break.Thinking about it now maybe folks expected too much from it and were let down,hence the bad feelings.But i'm happy with mine.