Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Project "AXIAL WRAITH" Kit Build

Quote Originally Posted by rcman View Post
    i subbed to you. yeah a good camera is the start to a great video . I forgot u lived in Louisiana. i live in Wisconsin and everybody has basments.
    Thanks man. I knew the video quality would suck. Just wanted to share a little of my adventures with you guys. Just made it home after seven days offshore. I picked up some alloy shock droop brackets from level 3 I think. From eBay. Suppose to raise the top shock mounting position thus lowering the CG. Installing them tomorrow. Also picked up and installed a savox 1283 servo 416 torque! Going to waterproof the servo. Not because I plan on submerging the Rc. Just for insurance against puddles and what not.
    rcman likes this.

Some recent upgrades. MIP center driveshafts and vanquish 10 piece titanium link kit. I also am running a titan 12t motor in it just in case I find some water. Very impressed with the titan. I also trimmed the stock tires for better grip. Got that tip from rccar action magazine. Really helped!

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

Received my pro line power stroke shocks and installed same. Love these shocks. . Also found a cool spot to run wraith only fiv minute from home. Railroad tracks. Rocks and obstacles all up and down the tracks. Not big rocks but not driveway size either. Just need to stay alert for trains lol. After thirty minutes of fun I was running it on a concrete slab and one tire dropped off the slab then hit a wider area of concrete. So the axle took a direct shot at about 12mph. This is what happened.. Right were the two screws go through axle case for lower shock/link mount. Not the best place to hit the axle. It also bent the axle shaft. . Ordered up a new stock axle case but will try and straighten shaft myself. That's about it for the wraith update.

Senior Member suburban_hooligan's Avatar
    holy crap. when you create some carnage you go all out don't ya
    rcman likes this.
    respect your elders. we've been around longer and done more stupid things than you, therefore we're smarter

holy crap is right. lol I probably would have kept driving cause when I break something I usually want to break more stuff (unfortunately.) I haven't really been able to run my scx10 jeep, at all. Its been below 10F for the past month and a half. Actually since Christmas its been absolutely horrible weather, and also add in 2 feet (on average) of snow which makes doing anything that much harder. I cant wait till summer is here and school is over. I just go done painting the body for my jeep. Yes I know its 10F outside, so I was "smart" and decided to paint it in the basement. DONT PAINT INDOORS!!!!! now the whole damn house has that obnoxious paint smell. Anyway, the body looks nice, basketball for me is over tomorrow, and school is real easy. I guess my life just keeps getting better.

Stay classy
    ~rcman
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler

Yes carnage is accurate. I broke it good but its all back together now. Got some nice size logs from a neighbor and placed them on the patio. Its not easy to make it through but that's what makes it fun.

suburban_hooligan likes this.

What weight oil r u running? And how much preload are you using?
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL

Sorry for the late reply. I believe its 40 weight and have adjustable collars. Not good at setting up this RC yet lol. Its still rather new to me. The type of RC Is new to me. You got one yet RC man.

I got the kit and so it came with the scale Icon shocks. They have been leaking since i put them together. I have taken them apart about 4 times trying to figure out what the heck is wrong with them. But i HATE doing shocks and the oil gets everywhere and pisses me off, man I'm getting aggravated just thinking about it! Anyway I am using 30wt (but none is left lol) and they are doing fine. I am done with those shocks and will hopefully get different ones.
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL

Shocks use to annoy me as well. I am really enjoying these proline powerstrokes.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast