Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Project "AXIAL WRAITH" Kit Build

Id love to get the powerstrokes, but I dont really want to drop 80 bucks for shocks, I think I should upgrade other things before getting the powerstrokes.
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler

Senior Member suburban_hooligan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rcman View Post
    I got the kit and so it came with the scale Icon shocks. They have been leaking since i put them together. I have taken them apart about 4 times trying to figure out what the heck is wrong with them. But i HATE doing shocks and the oil gets everywhere and pisses me off, man I'm getting aggravated just thinking about it! Anyway I am using 30wt (but none is left lol) and they are doing fine. I am done with those shocks and will hopefully get different ones.
    i had issues with chronically leaky shocks on a cheap kyosho i bought back in '97. after 2 years of messing with it, and getting pissed to the point that resulted in me filling them with motor oil on an almost daily basis (cause a small ass bottle of 30 weight shock oil was like 6 bucks, but a quart of 5w20 motor oil was 3.99). i finally measured the o-rings with calipers, went to a hardware store and bought some there. rebuilt the shocks with those, and problem solved!
    also, put a little bit of shock oil on the o-rings before you install them. it's been my experience that dry rings leak, idk whats up with that.

and while you're in there polish the shock shafts. get a drill (a drill press is best/easiest/safest) and some chrome polish and go nuts. even the crappiest of shocks get super smooth after that.
    respect your elders. we've been around longer and done more stupid things than you, therefore we're smarter

@suburban_hooligan.....great tips man. Sharing info like that really helps others struggling. I did buy some of that losi green shock slime. I try to use it any time I disassemble shocks......peace

I was invited on my first trail run yesterday. Its about ten minutes from home. It was awesome. My wraith performed great. I blew out a front axle pinion bearing note before and replaced all pinion bearings with traxxas bushings. Great tip I read in RC magazine. Here are some pics.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

that looks like a helluva lot of fun Don! I really wish I had some sort of course near my house, or even a friend with a scaler. But luckily I basically have a blank campus in the back of my house, a huge woods area and so hopefully sometime I can build a cool course.
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler

Hello guys, I started cutting some trails along a coulee. It's two minutes from my home at end of dead end. Here are some pics....it's a work in progress. I also lowered the cog on wraith.

Senior Member suburban_hooligan's Avatar
    looks like a cool place to run
    respect your elders. we've been around longer and done more stupid things than you, therefore we're smarter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234