Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Project "AXIAL WRAITH" Kit Build

Project "AXIAL WRAITH" Kit Build

Well I finally did it. I am going to be building a kit. I ordered it from tower hobbies last nite (easy pay). I know it's not a monster truck, but I've got special plans for it. I want it to do light jumping, crawling and run over stuff in its way. I ordered three upgrades to reach the $400 price and get the $50 coupon. Upgrades I bought are steel transmission gears, axial alloy black steering and chubs. Axial alloy is ridiculously expensive. I will be using my tekin pro4 4000kv brushless motor, castle mamba max pro esc and savox 1258tg steering servo. The servo and esc were donated by my traxxas 4x4 stampede. Oh and the futaba receiver from the p4de also. I got most of my motivation from the Rc sparks black widow wraith build that young David built for medic last year. I will be using the slipper clutch from traxxas stampede 2x4, but using 32 pitch spurs from stampede 4x4. I can't wait to have solid axles!! Got some of this motivation from Suburban Hooligan, were he discussed the fun of trial and error.
    The kit version already comes with several upgrades in the box. I almost went with wraith poison spider addition but that just seemed to easy and I doubt I would have fully appreciated it.
    I will update this build thread if anyone is interested. Let me know guys? If no one comments then I will probably still update it lol. .......peace out fellows

Sent from Oser world

Here it is I copied this mod of using 2x4 stampede slipper clutch assembly and running 32 pitch gearing. The hardest part was drilling the lay shaft for the bigger traxxas pin.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

Senior Member suburban_hooligan's Avatar
    need more pics! need more build! hell this thread just needs more!
    iv always liked the wraith, if i ever get a crawler/scaler it's will probably be a wraith. keep us posted on it
    respect your elders. we've been around longer and done more stupid things than you, therefore we're smarter

Quote Originally Posted by suburban_hooligan View Post
    need more pics! need more build! hell this thread just needs more!
    iv always liked the wraith, if i ever get a crawler/scaler it's will probably be a wraith. keep us posted on it
    Dude, I love this wraith so far. Been reading a lot of awesome build threads. Very versatile RC. I performed another mod I read about for the stock drive shafts. The male slider is hollow plastic, looks like it can become a twizzler under power. I modded some 1/4" stainless bolts with Dremel and grinder and super glued them in the male it was a free mod so y not try.
    My two steel bevel gears came in yesterday, but I am stuck offshore due to fog. Can't fly when it's foggy. Waiting on the cold front to blow the fog out so I can get back at it. Step one of the build was using the bevel gears so I had to start a few pages forward. Wasn't about to use the stock bevel gears. That's all I got so far.

Sent from Oser world

Finally made it home and resumed work on this build. Not use to links flopping around but I can get use to it. Really getting anxious to see it run. Here is were I am on it.

it's starting to look like something!
    respect your elders. we've been around longer and done more stupid things than you, therefore we're smarter

How bout now. Man I love this RC. The quality of the parts fitting together was great . hey hooligan are you on rcsparks. I thought I saw you there. My build is on there. Under offroad RC builds. My name is donomite.

badass!
    digging the yellow and black. goes good with the silver cage

im likin this thread a lot! fast rc's are awesome and all, but i guess you just gotta slow down sometimes and change it up a bit. The number 1 thing i want for Christmas is the axial jeep wrangler kit. I really want to try and get into the scaler/ crawler world. I will be watching this thread closely just to see what you do with the wraith.
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler

Finished it up yesterday. Made a few runs up and over some firewood that I setup on the carport. The steering will take some getting use to. I just love how it goes over almost anything!. I put a few decals on after these pics were takin, but not a bunch.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast