Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: the 20+ year dream (clodbuster build)

Senior Member suburban_hooligan's Avatar
    primered the body (and bolted the roll bar and blower on it for the photo)
    im going to do the body up box art style. then get a lexan body for bashing.

heres a video of it with body on it crushing a chunk of 2x4

and the pic's

Last edited by suburban_hooligan; 03-29-2014 at 03:52 AM.
    respect your elders. we've been around longer and done more stupid things than you, therefore we're smarter

It's a monster that's for sure. I can't view your vids till I get home.

This thing looks amazing! Handles exactly like a Monster Truck lol
    2nd Place is the 1st Loser

E Revo Mamba Monster 2200kv
    Slash 2WD Stock with Homemade Swaybars

Youtube Account:
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChris1696?feature=mhum[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by TheChris1696 View Post
    This thing looks amazing! Handles exactly like a Monster Truck lol
    It sure does. Got me wanting to pick up the kit myself. For now I will just have to enjoy this one lol.

So what's going on with the clod?

i had to take a small brake. had to go up to sac town this weekend (left friday got home about an hour ago). i did take it with me, ran it on a tennis court with my cousins 2 1/2 year old son. i let him drive one of my toy grade trucks. we chased small hyper dogs with them, it was amusing.

i still need to paint the body, and if i get around to it ill start researching steering servos tomorrow. going to have to make another tower order shortly.
    i also need to stop by radio shack to see about some LED's
    respect your elders. we've been around longer and done more stupid things than you, therefore we're smarter

Radioshack has got everything you need LED wise. Thats where i get all my stuff. If I were you, I'd get the Solar D772 servo (http://www.hobbypartz.com/33p-solarservo-d772.html)from hobbypartz.com just because its got 300oz/in @ 4.8v, metal gears, and its 20 bucks!!! I have 4 of them and I love them all. They chatter a bit, but who cares. They arent fast but thats fine, that have a bunch of torque, and they rarely get warm with the aluminum case. Plus hobbypartz products really aren't bad. Their free shipping for orders over $150 is quite quick, about 4-5 days if I remember correctly.
    Last edited by rcman; 04-09-2014 at 01:38 AM.
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler

iv never ordered from hobbypartz before. are they reliable? ever have any issue ordering from them?

the servo's iv looked at so far were all around $100. i was going to try to stay with a bigger name manufacture for support. but for the price id be willing to give that a shot.

Ive never had an issue ordering from them before. Ive ordered 3 or 4 times from them. Really easy checkout, and like i said the free shipping was quite quick. I can see where you're coming from with wanting to stay with name brands. But also like you said, you aren't really loosing anything if you order a few 20 dollar servos. But 1 thing I highly recommend is an aluminum servo horn. The servos come with 4 different plastic ones, but I broke 1 out on the trail last weekend. Luckily since I ordered 4 servos, I had 4 of the horns I needed. They use a Traxxas style spline.
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler

i found an Airtronics servo at my LHS. 112 bucks, it had over 420oz of torque. speed was like a .15. im highly thinking of getting that one. support my LHS and get a servo from a high quality manufacture with great support in the process. we'll see

i also found the lexan body im going to run. parma '67 F-150. that should help keep it old school.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast