Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: the 20+ year dream (clodbuster build)

Sounds like a good servo man. I did the same thing and spent about the same amount on my high torque servo from my lhs. I used a bec and a y cable to give the servo all the amps it needs.

cool. I guess it doent really matter where you get it, just as long as it works good! Old skool is cool imo.
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler

Senior Member suburban_hooligan's Avatar
    so do to life being a pain, and me procrastinating a bit, i lost out on the servo i was looking at at my LHS. they also didn't have the paint i need in stock, or the receiver i need, or the slipper clutch for my HPI. i swear man, if you're not running short course with a monster body LHS's just don't have it in stock. so i placed an order on tower. in about a week or two, expect some action in this thread.

the one thing i didn't get cause it's not out yet and i want to try it is the paint for the new 67 ford f-150 body. duratrax is coming out with there own line of paint and im curious, they have a metallic blue that looks like i might like it so im going to give that a shot (no pun intended) when it comes out in a few weeks (LHS stock pending)
    respect your elders. we've been around longer and done more stupid things than you, therefore we're smarter

well all the clod parts showed up today. i installed the servo and receiver. now im having minor steering issues. truck pulls to the right. and sense iv already got a savage xs ss ripped apart all over the workbench i don't want to really rip into the clod to much. im trying to keep it one project at a time. limit the chaos. so probably next week ill have some pic's and updates on how things are working
    respect your elders. we've been around longer and done more stupid things than you, therefore we're smarter

i really hate how this forum is literally dying. What lhs do you have? the hobbytown usa I go to usually has most of the stuff I need, unless its for the scx10. Then they dont really have anyting. Cant wait for the pics
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL

the closest hobby shop is a hobby people that pretty much only stocks slash parts (which i don't get cause that is not a very well liked truck (or brand) out here) and Team Associated parts. and then they've got some 1/8 buggy and more short course stuff. and they sell Tamiya but never seem to have parts in stock. iv never really cared for the place. back when i first started going there they had a guy behind the counter who was a cocky dick. i later found out he was or became the store manager. so i stopped going there for anything. it's now under new management. but they still don't stock what im running so...
    the mom and pop shop i used to hit is now out of business.
    there's a new place not far from me that iv yet to hit.
    then there's a bunch of shops over on Orange Country, but iv never hit those. from what iv heard its mostly basic supply's and short course trucks.
    if i want to take a ruffly 15 mile drive i can go to ultimate hobbies out in Orange. they usually have what i need (as well as pretty much everything else you could ever need or want), it's just i don't want to drive all the way out there. my 1:1 car isn't freeway friendly right now so i have to side street it all the way out there. one way that's a 40 minute drive. plus gas is 4.15 a gallon right now. id spend almost as much on gas as i would on shipping for an internet order. it's an awesome place though. seriously if you're ever at Disneyland, it's just down the street, go check it out, it's awesome.

and yeah, they'res what, 4 of us actually using this forum now? it's like as soon as the youtube videos stopped, so did the forum. im also on ultimate RC and RC sparks forums to so... im starting to suspect that Jeremy has just given up. sucks to, at one time this place had a really good vibe to it.
    an off topic forum might get things flowing a little better. those usually get posted in more than the RC stuff. they'er good at making people coming back. i could swear this place used to have an off topic forum...

im board, im restless, so i painted the body.
    im glad i bought 2 cans of the blue. it took 3 medium wet coats to get good coverage.
    coat 1

coat 2

coat 3

after it drys (maybe tomorrow) ill take a few pic's of it out in the sun. that blue should pop. so far im happy with it. maybe next weekend ill shoot the silver. then i can apply the stickers.

the primer looked cool, but this is just a whole new level of awesome! and it's not even done yet.

holy shit, 4.15 for a gallon?!? up here in wisconsin its about 3.50 and it sucks. I dont drive yet but everyone hates it. I am also on the rcsparks forum @rcman219 and same username for the rccrawler forum. I dont even think its 4 anymore unfortunately. Don hasnt been on in a while and even I briefly check this. I havent posted on my scx10 forum for a while cause I havent had any money which meens no upgrades. however I just got a nice big check ($300) from my grade school cause I helped do the scoreboard for some volleyball games. I really need a new bike so a portion of the check will go toward my bike. But rc will never die in my heart. I really like the blue that you picked, Its not too light or too dark. If only Jeremy would make more vids, they were really awesome. I know for a damn fact that I wasnt the only one who liked them and Im not the only one who dearly misses them. I really loved them for 1. Jeremy seems to be a really great guy and his videos always gave the info I wanted, not needed, and 2. he bashes literally 5 minutes away from my house and I wished I could have bashed with him and my friend. I also just dont have much free time any more. Since Im in highschool sports have been every night unlike in grade school when they were like 2 or 3 times a week. Plus baseball is right around the corner for me and I hope to god I make the team.
    Lastly, Suburban have you ever thought about selling some of your vintage Tamiyas and buying some newer rc cars, or putting some money toward your 1:1 vehicle?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL

im in the process of saving up for a newer 1:1 vehicle. iv been checking out used toyota tacomas. issue with buying a truck is, i refuse to get rid of my 71 bug. and as soon as i don't have to rely on it every day im building it into a street legal bracket racer. drag race it on weekends. not a bad way to blow a years pay in 6 months.

i don't sell my RC's. everything i have that's complete actually runs right now. and i use'm. iv been waiting 10 years for that to happen. i plan on retiring my team losi xxxt and putting the new electronics in an RC10 worlds car as soon as the price drops about $40 bucks. but do to sentimental value i won't sell the truck. ill just clean it up and shelf it.
    iv got 2 cars id be willing to part with, but there old without being vintage and in such crappy shape and so incomplete nobody wants them.
    i work full time so it's not like im broke or anything. i just don't have a lot of extra money lining my pockets and don't have the free time i did 10+ years ago. it's that free time thing that's taking it's toll. life man, you ether have money and no time. or have time but no money. there is no happy medium.

Jeremy bashes literally 5 minutes away from your house? dude, find out where he lives. go to his house, ring the doorbell and ask if he's RC'ed lately. and do that every day until he's making videos again lol (uhhh... just kidding by the way)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast