Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: the 20+ year dream (clodbuster build)

well im 90% sure he bashes 5 min away from me. I recognize the park because I would play ultimate Frisbee there a bit with my friends in the summer. ok, I knew you had a bunch of vintage and newer rcs, I didnt know that they all were running. I love it when all my rcs are running, its a good feeling. I agree with the time and money quote, currently I have the money but no time. I just need to find out where Jeremy lives
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler

Hello guys, I'm still here. On the subject of Jeremy's videos. I know I had some negative comments about his videos but now I miss them too. So I apologize for any comments I made regarding his choice of RCS to review. Nice hearing from you guys and happy rc to y'all.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

Senior Member suburban_hooligan's Avatar
    the paint part is done. ...i think. just have to let it dry and i can apply the decals
    respect your elders. we've been around longer and done more stupid things than you, therefore we're smarter

It looks great man. Blue is my fav color. I would love to have a clod myself.

thats sick. I like the simple 2 color design. It looks like a real monster truck. just needs a bad ass name.......
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL

and im calling this one done.

next on the "to do" list is the lexan body. just waiting for the duratrax paint to be released cause i want to try it. i also need to whip up some body mounts for the lexan body. then ill probably start looking into oil shocks sometime probably early next year.
    respect your elders. we've been around longer and done more stupid things than you, therefore we're smarter

Done, idk if that's a "bad ass" name lol. Looks like a fun puts around truck. Besides the shocks what els would you want to upgrade on it?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL

im not totally sure yet. i wanted to build it up as i would have built it back in the late 80's or early 90's. and that's how it's built. i already did ball bearings. im still kicking around what to do with the steering. i like the single servo layout as i think it drives and reacts more like an 80's monster truck. it adds a certain degree of clumsy that i find awesome. and with the new servo it actually turns. but more steering control wouldn't be a bad thing. so im up in the air on that.

i still need to make some "crush cars".
    and lurking around on other forums the other day i got the idea of making a pulling sled for it.

im actually thinking over the course of the next couple years of scratch building it a competitor. kind of a USA-1 to my Bigfoot type of thing (or in modern terms a max d to my grave digger)

also still might make the headlights work. i think i have wiring for it, i just need the LED's.

Those are some great ideas

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

i had some time today so i finished cutting out (finishing work still required) and mounted the new parma 67 F-150 lexan body.

the stock clod body mounts are different heights front and rear so i had 2 choices, 1. work with parts iv got laying around. or 2. go spend money on new mounts. and sense even Scrooge McDuck thinks im a frugal SOB, i went for option #1.
    i took the front body mounts of a long unused HPI nitro RS4 2 that will probably never be driveable again. took the stock mounts off and screwed these on via the factory mounting locations.

and just for the fun of it. i had to bash the truck with the stock body all done up. can't say i didn't drive it!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast