Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upgrades for Losi 8ight 2.0?

Upgrades for Losi 8ight 2.0?

Hey guys

I just got a TLR 8ight 2.0 Nitro Kit and I am wondering what are some good upgrades for racing.

Thanks!

MyLosiEatsYourTruck
    Youll definately want aluminum shock caps front and rear, and aluminum chassis braces, i go hard on mine and those r the only ups on it besides the mamba monster and losi convo kit

Doesnt the race roller come with aluminum shock caps and aluminum chassis brace?

Good engines to look at are the Werks Racing line of engines. Ive driven an eight with the Werks B5 and if it didn't sound like a nitro, i would have thought it was electric with the way it took off. Everyone at the local track recommends them with the Werks tuned pipes. The B5 engine is built for low end torque while the Werks B6 has better top end. They have another one called the Werks B7 which has the most linear powerband out of thier entire line up.

Also checkout Clockwork racing engines. They take specialize in taking the Werks engines and optimizing them for as much performance as possible. Theu run about $100 more than normal but most people say they are worth it.
    I reject your reality, and blow it up with C4.

My Garage:
    Losi 8ight 2.0 E
    Losi XXX-SCT
    Associated B4.1 Worlds edition

I haven't had time to build it yet but I will check on whether the Kit comes with the Aluminum shock caps and braces.

Thanks for the info on the engine but I already have a engine recommeded to me by a Team Losi Sponsored driver.
    Last edited by XterraTrax; 06-06-2011 at 02:35 AM.

i dont own a 8ight 2.0 but losi's kit is really strong so dont think you will be breaking things i would just look into a good engine and some kick ass servos. those are what can really make ur kit be top notch
    [url=http://www.youtube.com/user/dizzyinzo?feature=mhum#p/a/u/0/u5ZEPGsD7wM]Check out my YouTube Channel : ill sub back if you sub me... CLICK ME [/url]

100% agree with you, dizzyinzo on that! The servos I can't decide which to get! Here are my options:

[url=http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/61_100/products_id/25352/n/Hitec-HS-7955TG-Ultra-Torque-Titanium-Gear-Digital-Servo]Hitec HS-7955TG Ultra Torque Titanium Gear Digital Servo [HRC37955S] | Radios & Accessories - A Main Hobbies[/url]

[url=http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/61_100/products_id/60990/n/Hitec-HS-7950TH-High-Voltage-74V-Mega-Torque-Digital-Servo]Hitec HS-7950TH High-Voltage 7.4V Mega Torque Digital Servo [HRC37950S] | Radios & Accessories - A Main Hobbies[/url]

Thanks for your help guys!

If its a race roller then just the top steering servo saver, aluminum steering horn, then the rest is by choice. People buy the chassis braces and etc but there not a need.

For all the aluminum upgrades like what Nitro Xray said, what would be better Kingheadz or TLR?

Its prefrence TLR has real good stuff and is real ccurate on there upgrades since they make the car and mill there own parts. I have seen king heads break but its rare so its what you want. Also hitec servos are the only way to go. Killer servos and losi likes em.
    Mugen MBX6
    TLR 22
    Mugen MBX6 ECO

Thanks to my sponsors: |RcRenew.com | VP-PRO Racing | Kal-Gard | FTH | Assassin Graphics |

Would the 400oz or 300oz hitec servo be better?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast