Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tired of manteniance???

buggyman808
    How much did you buy ur lipos n chargers for??? Cause the cost of that is greater then the cost of nitro

1 gallon of nitro cost about $30-$40 (thats what i use to pay) which doesn't give anywhere near 100 runs. while a battery cost about $100-$150 not including the warranty, so when it does lose its charge you can get a new one cheaper or even free, and it gives over 100 runs. so in the long run nitro is more expensive.
    Thats what she said.

Quote Originally Posted by buggyman808 View Post
    How much did you buy ur lipos n chargers for??? Cause the cost of that is greater then the cost of nitro
    Nitro cost at least like smurf said 30 to 40 bucks and doesnt even last for like thirty runs. I got a charger that could charge 4 batteries at 6 ampps for like 200 bucks the power supply for 180 and I got really good batteries 2S 5600MaH 50C for 110 dollars. But for as long as I can Recall a gallon of nitro methane could only fill my 100cc tank like 8 times and my 75cc 12 times. where a lipo battery last 100 charges at the least. so yes in the long run nitro is more expensive and the engine in nitro when you have to buy a new one it can cost up to 300 to 400 dollars where electric for both componets can cost up to 300 and lots less.

Nitro has a big responsability and it has to be accepted. So does E. I race both and nitro isn't much more worse. Just because your tired of cleaning and working e makes you do it more. E puts aroung max 60,000 rpm, nitro does 40,000. Thats alot more stress not to mention torque is so much harder on e. E cars have worse failure rates on bearings, stress, and wear then nitro. Doon't factor that out.

Quote Originally Posted by NitroXray80809 View Post
    Nitro has a big responsability and it has to be accepted. So does E. I race both and nitro isn't much more worse. Just because your tired of cleaning and working e makes you do it more. E puts aroung max 60,000 rpm, nitro does 40,000. Thats alot more stress not to mention torque is so much harder on e. E cars have worse failure rates on bearings, stress, and wear then nitro. Doon't factor that out.
    Nitro makes a excellent point. Bearings on my electric cars have been my Achilles heel. I actually have a Losi 8 2.0 RTR being delivered today. Needless to say I'm sitting by the door like a kid waiting to open their gifts on Christmas.

HTC Rezound rockin the BAMF!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12