Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: first nitro?

hmm... maybe lol and no offense to him, but he didnt know how to tune for crap... so maybe that was the prob, idk lol

i know i am going to get angry responses for saying this. but what about getting something like a red cat they have nitro buggies that run about 120$ and i would pick up one of those just to know if you really are giong to be into nitro... learn the basics on it to and then when ur ready move up to the savage or the tmax or revo
    ian2 likes this.
    [url=http://www.youtube.com/user/dizzyinzo?feature=mhum#p/a/u/0/u5ZEPGsD7wM]Check out my YouTube Channel : ill sub back if you sub me... CLICK ME [/url]

^^^^ thats a good idea if your just getting into the nitro style and can replace it soon

but if you want something that will last you then get a traxxas (nitro sport, nitro rustler, nitro stampede...) or an hpi (im not too familiar w/ their models but the nitro firestorm or the mt2 could work) those brands have good customer support and LOADS of aftermarket support

i just got a nitro sport from the LHS and i havent opened it yet. any advice? thoughts? what parts break first?

As a first nitro don't set a low budget. Your money buys quality. For a beginner the best car would be a losi 8ight-t rtr and change servos. That it the best option for a nitro and real low budget.
    ian2 likes this.
    Mugen MBX6
    TLR 22
    Mugen MBX6 ECO

Thanks to my sponsors: |RcRenew.com | VP-PRO Racing | Kal-Gard | FTH | Assassin Graphics |

Well, I already got a nitro sport and I can't really get a second first nitro. Btw I have flooded my engine twice already and the ex start is a pain in the neck, the gears inside tue starter are not secure so when I attach it to the engine they move and end up not turning he engine over

Best rtr nitros will have to be losi 8ight series rtr.
    Mugen MBX6
    TLR 22
    Mugen MBX6 ECO

Thanks to my sponsors: |RcRenew.com | VP-PRO Racing | Kal-Gard | FTH | Assassin Graphics |

RCMIKE221
    I have a tmaxx 3.3, they are fun and wild machines, and are great for bashing and playing around. I suggest, if your bying new, keep the easy start becuse it will cone in handy, but, if turmanals beake or u seam to start haveing problems, then you sould think about investing in a pull start, and a glow driver, that way you wont have to rely on the battery to start the car, yet if it dosent start within a cupple of pulls..........well good luck pulling! also, if you want to run loud and get a ton of fumes, use odonal 30%, that stuff burns good and smells great!
    ian2 likes this.

if you get any of the traxxas models i recommend getting a glow ignitor and just rip out the blue wire. the blue wire that heats the glow plug is so frustrating to put on the glow plug and stuff and a glow ignitor is 100000000000000000x easier.

To avoid fluding prime with ignightor off once u see fuel go in carb put on ignightor. If it fluds take plug out and turn car upside down to get fuel out. Normally if its fluds before strting plug is bad or your tune is to fat.
    Mugen MBX6
    TLR 22
    Mugen MBX6 ECO

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast