Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: HPI Baja 5SC

Quote Originally Posted by RCBasher13 View Post
    Are you sure? Site looks a little sketchy! Someone wanna check this out before I buy?
    The site is not sketchy. I ordered my Baja and all of my parts from that site! Check HPIBajaForum.com for input on Daves Discount Motors (DDM). They all love DDM - including me. DDM has the best customer service and faster free shipping, period.

Tower is expensive unless you buy into their coupon bull crap. They jack their prices up and offer coupons as a marketing trick, but in reality those coupons usually only bring the prices down to competitive levels. Sometimes you'll find great deals, but not often.

I prefer Stormer Hobbies over tower. Better prices without BS coupons, fast shipping, great customer service, and I have way more shipping errors when dealing with Tower. BTW I've been in this hobby for over 20 years! I'm not some newb.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JatoTheRipper; 02-22-2012 at 03:32 AM.

Hmmm yeah, seems legit! I actually am thinking the Losi

Hmmm yeah, seems legit! I actually am thinking the Losi
    The Losi is slower in stock form because it's heavier, but it will handle better. Neither Dave's nor Tower carries the Losi.

Last edited by JatoTheRipper; 02-22-2012 at 03:36 AM.

Yes, but i asked the rcnightmare guys and they said "How could 2wd be better than 4x4? Problem solved...that will be $50"

Yes, but i asked the rcnightmare guys and they said "How could 2wd be better than 4x4? Problem solved...that will be $50"
    What RCNightmare guys? Do they own either truck? Don't believe 50% of what you read on forums. Only 25% of the members usually have actual experience on any given thread.

I think rear wheel drive is more fun in fullsize cars and in RCs.

http://www.youtube.com/user/rcnightmare. These guys have owned the losi

The baja is a blast to drive the 2 wd makes it even more fun for me an it takes more skill to control, the losi is a dog with the stock motor it needs at least a 30.5 cc , not saying I wouldn't want the losi cause I do but to say its better cause it's just 4x4 that I do not agree
    Edit: no I don't own the losi but my friend just got his that's why I say that about the motor

So, i should get the baja? This is a fair amount of money to spend on an rc and i wanna make sure I get the best 1 for me!

Now I'm thinking of throwing a gas powered boat into this mix! I have no idea what to do! I love trucks, but I have never had a gas boat, had nitro trucks but no boats other than electric! The 1/5th scale trucks are huge and I want one of those real bad but ow I want a boat gas powered! I just don't know at this point! I have a 10 mile creek in my backyard that 30 feet deep and a one acre pond that look like a foot! For the boat. 400 acres of land for trucks. What should I do?

Boats are boring to me. Can you jump boats as well as a truck? Nope! ;-)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast