Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HPI Baja 5SC

HPI Baja 5SC

I know this isn't where this belongs but who cares. Has anyone had experience or driven the Baja 5sc? Is it worth the money? Also looking at losi 5ive t

I have a an HPI Baja 5T which is virtually the same as a 5SC. They are awesome - so damn fun. I think they would be less fun if they were 4 wheel drive like the Losi. Rear wheel drive makes them fun to drive because you can swing the rear end out and go sideways through turns. And it takes skill to drive them fast.

The only issue with 1/5 scale is that they're pretty maintenance intensive and the size makes them awkward to carry and not the easiest to transport.

Do you plan on racing?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JatoTheRipper; 02-19-2012 at 08:30 PM.

This is my first 1/5 scale so for now i will be driving around in my dirtbike track. I do plan on racing in the future, just need to find a few good tracks in PA and NY!

Quote Originally Posted by RCBasher13 View Post
    This is my first 1/5 scale so for now i will be driving around in my dirtbike track. I do plan on racing in the future, just need to find a few good tracks in PA and NY!
    There are some good tracks in PA. Lookup Baja Modifiers.

So should I buy a Baja 5sc?

I have one an I love it but if I was looking for a 1/5 scale now I would probly go with the losi

If you didn't have an HPI Baja 5SC then would you buy that over the Losi? Only reason I don't want to buy Losi, is because the HPI already comes with transmitter. HPI also has replacement filter,shock oil, and other misc stuff that the Losi doesn't.

That's a good question, if I didn't have either I would probly get the 5sc it's a real fun truck , I just feel like the losi is a new design an some of the shortcomings of the baja losi tried to fix ,the parts support for the baja is abundant the losi is just staring to gain steam, I mean you really can't go wrong with either one there both great kits

The Losi isn't newer so it might have a better design, but it's not as popular and there aren't as many out in the real world. That means it will be harder to find Losis to race, harder to find stock and aftermarket parts, especially in your LHS, and who knows if the Losi will have the staying power that the Baja does.

What I don't like about the Losi is 4 wheel drive. Sure, it will handkerchief better, but it won't be as fun. Besides jumping, my favorite thing to do with my Baja is pull off a perfectly executed powerslide through a corner. It looks awesome and feels good. Good luck doing that with a stock Losi. Also, the extra parts in the front mean more parts to break and more to maintain and the 1/5th scale is already maintenance intensive enough.

Seems like you all love the Baja! I just contacted my LHS, which is surprisingly open on presidents day and I ordered a Baja! I'll post pictures on a new thread when I get my beast!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast