Thread: new to rc

new to rc

im brand new to rc and i am a mechanic so i dont mind working or figiting with my car. i havent bought one yet but was wondering if the hpi d8s is a good buggy to start racing with?

that would be a good choice, but did u consider the pulse 4.6?? it might not be as hopped up but it has a much larger engine. personally, i wouldnt even bye a hpi nitro though. theyre unreliable. i dont see anything wrong with getting a traxxas rustler or jato 3.3. plus the jato has a 2speed. ur life will be alot better if u stay away from hpi nitros though. i can promise u that. i had a savage x 4.6, struggled with it for 3 months, sold it for a t maxx 2.5, and have never been happier.
    just cause its made for offroad, doesnt mean it cant hit 80mph.

Tinman that's your opionion an while i respect it I totally disagree traxxas nitro is the worst there actually couldn't be a worse nitro then traxxas I've had nothing but luck with hpi nitros an nothing but hell with traxxas actually made me hate nitro all together I had the Revo 3.3 tmaxx3.3 jato 3.3 an tmaxx 2.5 omg I wanted to quit the hobby , anyway hey that was your opinion an this is mine either way I hope you're still having fun like I am ,ps I like traxxas I love my stampede 4x4 an slash 4x4 but I sold the slash just needed money really,anyway thanks

well, ive had the opposite experience. ive had hell with hpi but luck with traxxas. my i ask, why do u say that u have bad luck with traxxas? what exactly happen? my t maxx 2.5 is the best truck ive ever had by far.
    just cause its made for offroad, doesnt mean it cant hit 80mph.

i have a slash but no nitro and i am thinking about getting a nitro sport i wish it could be 2.4 but is it a good choice?

Definetly it would be good for the racing, i am also very fond for the rc racing.But for the more accurate and desirable results of racing you should try "Petrol RC Cars Subaru Cyclone Pro Version SKU: A1002T", because i also using this since last year and i am very satisfied with it.I am also telling you the features of this rc car.
    Width: 199mm
    Height: 115MM
    Hint: 185MM
    Length: 380mm

Regards.
    Andy.

i own a 5 year old Traxxas S-Maxx TRX 2.5 and it has original motor and i use to use Traxxas 20% fuel and then later i run on HPI 20% nitro fuel and i have been using that fuel ever since and no problems with the fuel yet and in the future i will purchase a HPI Baja King Motor and that i will be done using nitro for really long time

It's a very good choice but did you consider the pulse 4.7? It has a longer engine.

Quote Originally Posted by mark786 View Post
    It's a very good choice but did you consider the pulse 4.7? It has a longer engine.
    I doubt he'll answer, the OP was almost a year and a half ago and it was the poster's only post.

Yes its good choice and you can also try any other stuff i think you will enjoy this........