Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MERVlife

Thread: Is a t-maxx classic and improvement over a Stampede XL-5?

iTaylor

Is a t-maxx classic and improvement over a Stampede XL-5?

I currently have an Traxxas Stampede XL-5 (brushed) and am looking to upgrade to a nitro and a bigger truck, I can't get a T-maxx 3.3 right now but I can get a T-maxx Classic (2.5) edition! Just wondering if this will be and improvement over the stampede in terms of speed, handling, durability and more?

it definately is an improvement, almost anything is an improvement over the XL5 models lol, but yeah, the nitro engine is much more powerful than the titan 12t. but nitro is a handful, and requires alot of maintenance just make sure ur ready for that, because its not as easy to take care of as a stampede xl5 lol there are alot more parts to break on the t maxx, but it is a better quality truck that has stronger parts, so yes and no on the durability. i dont know about handling, but it should be better considering tmaxx is 4x4 vs stampede 2wd
    ian2 likes this.

well i would say just get a vxl system for the stampede than you save money and you have the best of both worlds you will need to upgrade a TON of parts on the tmaxx
    full throttle or else it must be broke but breaking it is just another reason to build it bigger and better than before!

Quote Originally Posted by ian2 View Post
    well i would say just get a vxl system for the stampede than you save money and you have the best of both worlds you will need to upgrade a TON of parts on the tmaxx
    what would you need to upgrade on a tmaxx 2.5? im not a nitro expert but arent they pretty solid stock?