Thread: Which of these trucks is faster out of the box?

iTaylor

Which of these trucks is faster out of the box?

Hi, I know this is comparing Nitro and Electric again but i'm just wondering which of these two kits would be fast out of the box? A Brand New T-maxx 2.5 with 20% top fuel or a Traxxas Stampede 4x4 with the stock 7 cell 8.4 3000 mAh battery pack? I know it says 45+ for the t-maxx and 60+ for the Stampede 4x4 on the Traxxas website but then when you look at the chart farther down the stampede web page it says 60+ with a 5s lipo and only 35+ with the stock nimh battery? Does anyone know which would be faster out of the box? Thanks

They would be 'bout the same "out-the-box", 30-35mph. Tires and gearing on the Tmaxx classic (maybe a Tmaxx 3.3, lol) and Lipo, etc on the Stampede
    Jay

[url="http://www.youtube.com/rcnightmare#p/a/u/0/DxSeXbkRtLU"]YouTube - RC Nightmare[/url] << Click & Subscribe !!

[url="http://www.rcnightmare.com/"]RC Nightmare Blog Homepage[/url]

[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/rcflightschool#p/u/0/22ZYAJoNXRg]RC Flight School-RC Plane Vids[/url] << Click & Subscribe !!

Both the same..

They are pretty much that same, I say this to everyone. GET AN ELECTRIC VEHICLE! they are more reliable and much cheaper to run.

i do agree with rcbasher13 that electric are more reliable but nitros are so much more of a thrill to me. theres nothing like hearing that tranny rev up to 20,000 rpm and hearing it drop as it shifts into 2nd. plus nitros attract more of a crowd xDD
    just cause its made for offroad, doesnt mean it cant hit 80mph.

Hello, i can see where the nitro would be cool. Sound neat. As well they are pretty loud where they are two stroke and high revving. But i agree with the reliability of electric. I think it would be more challenging keeping a fuel running rig going as well as tuning them.
    Still two diff machines. Probably go the same speed, have a look at the gearing and see Andbi will tell you which has more tourqe and which has higher speed. Nitro to buy are a bit cheaper new than electric, but i think that is due to he reliability and stuff.
    I love the way the revo looks though.

btw, with optional gearing and lowered suspension for stability, my t maxx 2.5 hits about 55 mph. it cost about $15 for the gears and i lowered the suspension by strapping zip ties from the shock towers to the a arms. thats on 20% nitro. the gearing i have does kill the low end punch but the top end is insane for a t maxx. also berulakide, i have no problems keeping nitros maintained. ounce u get it tuned well, u just need a minor turn on the high speed needle to compensate weather changes and thats it. as for loudness, they sure are! ive got a upgraded and my neighbors complain about noise all the time. i live on a side street so when i whip my beast by at full throttle people get pissed! xDD

an upgraded pipe, sorry

Bahahaha... I figured. I wouldn't have a problem where i live with noise. It would just be more difficult for me to keep it going. But i suppose once you get past the learning about them i guess you have it licked.

exactly