Thread: savage x ss k4.6?

Question savage x 4.6?

Hi everyone,
    I have been thinking about getting a monster truck for a long time, I started off wanting a brushless then I thought about all the battery charging stuff (I love electric though) and you only have to refill a tank and its ready to go! so I decided I want a nitro and have come to a decision, a savage. this one (savage x 4.6 rtr) really stuck out for me (because of the big block engine lol) and it comes with a starter, bulletproof diff and everything

thanks for any replys
    Last edited by T1MBO95; 08-11-2011 at 01:16 PM.

The savage 4.6 is a great little truck, With nitro just make sure to do a proper break in on it and it will last you a long time, Some other good tips is when you are done running it, run the fuel out of the motor, roll the piston over to bottom dead center and put some after run oil in the top and carb to make sure the thing stays fresh from rust, you will love it.

i love my savage its a great truck...but if you really like eletric there are alot of good chargers that can charge batteries pretty quick and even some chargers that can charge 2 at a time either way you cant go wrong.

some things that i do to keep my savage running good
    im always checking the temp of the motor you dont want it to get too hot, its never good for any kind of motor.
    always make sure the screws are tight (but dont over tighten) so things dont fall apart, use loc tight if you have to
    when im done running for the day i always run it out of fuel then i even try to start it after it shuts off to get everything out so it wont rust
    and keep it cleaned and your bearings oild

hope you have fun with your savage !!!

+1 on the locktite. I own 4 savages and every one fell apart rtr out of the box. Lictite must be scarce around the factory. The f4.6 is a great motor and i love my k5.9 but i never ran the k4.6 which the x ss comes with but i have ran a axail .28 2s which is basically the same with all that said the savage is my favorite nitro MT and will be yours too in no time

Quote Originally Posted by T1MBO95 View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I have been thinking about getting a monster truck for a long time, I started off wanting a brushless then I thought about all the battery charging stuff (I love electric though) and you only have to refill a tank and its ready to go! so I decided I want a nitro and have come to a decision, a savage. this one (savage x 4.6 rtr) really stuck out for me (because of the big block engine lol) and it comes with a starter, bulletproof diff and everything

thanks for any replys
    Hi,
    I'm brand new here so I am looking forward to learning and sharing with everyone here.
    I love my Savage X 4.6 Big Block and agree to check and tighten every loose screw on your Savage even before taking her through the break in period.
    But about batteries and a nitro truck. You will still be charging batteries. The radio transmitter needs strong batteries, the trucks receiver and servos need a charged hump pack batteries, as they only last around 4-5 tanks of fuel so a spare hump pack is nice to have. Not to mention keeping your Roto-Start 2 charged up good. And oh yeah, don't forget to charge the glow plug ignitor rechargeable too. I keep a spare glow plug ignitor with me when out.

Hahaha, I thought going electric with my new Align Trex 700 E V2 helicopter would be cheaper than buying all that expensive nitro fuel. Those three batteries are nearly $500 plus the fancy dan multi charger/discharger...
    How could I afford more?
    You must pay to play with these big boys toys either way,,,.

Chas

If you think nitro is easier than electric you're loco. What you stated in the first post is totally false. You never have to Tune an electric motor. Just flip a switch and win. Nitro is cool but what a pain in the rear..

And chases you already own a charger!

I have not owned anything from hip but I like the traxxas nitro monster trucks
    i am the revoman

I have Bug Crusher Nitro Remote Control Truck..This is a fantastic looking truck with ability to match. It has a simple yet effective design that appeals to those new to nitro models but also rewards the more experienced enthusiast with numerous adjustable features..