Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Traxxas Slayer Pro

0 0%
  • Losi TEN-SCT

1 100.00%

Thread: Need Some Information Please

Need Some Information Please

I have 3 electric cars at the moment and am very familiar with them and how they work, but now I would like to get a new nitro to learn about the motors and things, I am 14.

The Cars I am looking at are the Losi TEN-SCT and the Traxxas Slayer Pro.

What I like about the Losi- it has the boss system, no glow plugs, and you can hose it off as long as you maintain it correctly after.

What I like about the Traxxas- I have seen unboxing videos and it comes with the start up DVDs and extra filters and parts etc

But I was wondering what came with the Losi and is the Traxxas 100% waterproof?

Thanks- Reid

First off, if it's nitro it'll have glow plugs and never be 100% waterproof (don't submerge it).

Out of the 2 you have listed, I'd get the Losi. Traxxas has been upping their prices lately but not really making any improvements or upgrades to justify them. Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on Traxxas, they make decent trucks but for the money now, you can get better. The Losi is about $60 more and I believe it'll be easier to work on, and has a better engine, the 3.3 is know for being a disposable engine. Go to the Losi website and read up on the truck, you'll have to go to the TLR site though, they have a link on their homepage. Another thing you'll find, is the fact that most people will ditch the electric starts on both rigs. I use pull start and an ignitor on all of my trucks except my XXL, it has roto start and an ignitor.
    Last edited by SchrodeMode; 11-21-2012 at 03:19 AM.

Also, both rigs should be able to be converted if you wanted to later. The Slayer could be turned into a Revo, and the Ten-SCT can be either a Buggy or a Truggy (810, Ten-T).