Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .5 CRT nitro pro kits ..

.5 CRT nitro pro kits ..

Well the other day I purchased a ofna .5 crt pro kit ..for 80 bucks .. and the main reason behind buying this kit was to use it as a parts truck for my Nexx 10sc , a lot of parts are the same ..and I mean most of the parts are the same ..like the turnbuckles ..dog bones ...screws .. ball bearings .. etc etc etc.. and it also had a few parts that would be an upgrade so to speak .. now that the truck is in my hands ...and doing a little research .. it wouldn't take much to make this thing in to an electric kit .. all it needs is the motor mount which can be had for under 22 bucks and battery holder and that's only 11 bucks .. then throw in the Castle Creations SW .. get a 14 tooth pinion .. mmmm winter project ..

ofna does sell the complete conversion kit for 70 bucks at ofnawarehouse.com

All the same parts at nitro house minus the 35 dollar motor mount ...and replace with the standard motor mount will cost about 42 dollars ..

Quote Originally Posted by mrjdgates View Post
    All the same parts at nitro house minus the 35 dollar motor mount ...and replace with the standard motor mount will cost about 42 dollars ..
    nitrohouse dont sell the conversion kit anymore was right about to buy it and bam they took it off the day before now i have to go to ofnawarehouse

Really don't need to spend the 70 dollars ... just buy these items .. OFN40936 which is the motor mount and buy ... OFN40946 which is the battery box and the rear brace that allow you to use the receiver box and esc tray ...and also comes with the full size servo mount ..just like that on the Jammin/Nexx SC trucks ... the only thing I had to do was drill some holes for the battery box ... wasn't hard by any means .. I'll have a running video on youtube soon ..

you still need to buy a mod pinion gear right?

Yeah, the gearing is Mod 1, I used a 3mm 16 tooth mod1 .

oh ok im gonna throw a mamba sct combo in it what size mod pinion should use for a good balance between torque and acceleration

I'm using a 16 tooth with no problems with the Castle Creations Sidewinder Set 3800 kv 4 pole .. the only thing is my esc is getting a little warmer then I would like . .. but you can use provided fan for motor for the esc ... and the only reason I went with a 16 tooth ... is because it's the biggest I could get my hands on at the time .. I would say I could easily go to a 18 tooth... but limited because of the 3mm motor shaft.. now make sure ..and I say this because I had a blow out .. to do a good glue job on the tires .. ..now with that being said ... the jamming and Nexx SC wheels and tire do fit... thinking proline badlands for the next set .. ...

thanks for the advice and will go to good use

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast