Thread: RC Cars & Memories

RC Cars & Memories

I got involved in the RC hobby a couple years ago when my brother showed me how scale-looking RC cars are to the real thing. Our family grew up around off-road racing in the Midwest, and he was a full-scale Unlimited Class 1 Pro Buggy driver at a younger age in the late 1980's and early 1990's. Our early childhood memories are of the great weekends we would have as a family going to the races to watch our Dad drive in a variety of classes in the '70's and '80s.

Going through some old family photos a couple weeks ago, I ran across some shots of our Dad's old Class 5 Baja Bug. It got me thinking that it would be really cool to make a replica of that car using my Associated SC10B. With just a couple mods and a new body with some scale detail, I got it done.

Once I finished I thought it would be cool to shoot a video that incorporates a few photos of the old yellow #580 Class 5 and some action of the RC replica. Had a great time making it. Take a look if you get a chance. (have to watch it on computer and not mobile devices due)

http://bmillerracing.com/rc-cars-memories/

From the earliest of ages, young boys see commercials for remote control cars and feel one of their first impulses to participate in consumerism. Typically, the vehicles designed for children are built to be larger than life. The commercials want us to believe that the bigger the wheels are, the more fun you will have. It is common to see an advertisement for a vehicle promoting the fact that it is indestructible if you crash it into walls, and that it can drive even if it flips over.

Regards.
    Andy.

In this day and age of these cars are powered by an energy-based diversity count electricity, gas, battery and nitro. The planner of these RC cars have left a long and appropriate method have cars with features like MP3 players and radio that really work and create RC driving enjoyment.

Regards.
    Andy.

I also much involved in the RC Hobby.After watching this video I reached in my childhood memories.It is memorable post for me.Thanks for sharing it.