Thread: rc4wd trucks

Which crawler to choose

I don't know to get the SCX10 honcho, the timber wolf, AX10 ridge crest and the Wraith.
    Last edited by rsred712; 01-26-2013 at 02:15 AM.

Do you mean you don't know where to order them?

which one of the trucks

You need to know what you want to do with it... I'm not familiar with the Timber Wolf, but the other 3 are very different crawlers.

Fatboy says it all.... what applications are you going to be using it for?

You have chosen to ask about different rigs all of which are used for different things... these are options I would give for someone looking for a scaler or crawler

lets see
    I personally run the SCX10 and love it. The one I have custom built is great for all around scaling and some crawling within reason.

My buddy has been running the timberwolf for sometime now and will swear by it, he to can go some places my rig just will not make it, but his as well is built around scaling.... keep in mind this platform has been discontinued as of lately.

The LHS here just did a build for a member of his AX10 and I didn't get to see it run but from what I have heard he's quite happy with it for a straight rock crawler

I have read a lot of reviews and watched a lot of vids about the ridgecrest and IMO I like it. Kinda a collaboration of the SCX10 and AX10... in some sense best of both worlds if you will... I again don't own one tho

Oh I forgot the Wraith.... NOT A CRAWLER

ROCK RACER

meant more for speed and bashing. can be customized to putter around but will not crawl or scale like the purposed built crawlers/scalers