Thread: Axail Wraith..Burned up 20t...

Axail Wraith..Burned up 20t...

Well My wife surprised me yesterday,She brought home 200 lbs in rocks and 12 yards of fill dirt(sand & clay mix) Oh and did I mention my trailfinder came in the mail yesterday also? Needless to say it was a good day,except for the casualty.
    I now understand why people say this is not a hardcore crawler. It did what I wanted but heat is a killer and I cooked it. I was wondering if the 20 turn rebuildable or not? I've been playing with the idea of upgrading but I'm not sure what to upgrade with. I'm pretty sure I wanna go with Tekin,as all I've heard is good things about them. I don't know if I should go FXR with a 35t crawler motor or should I get something that will enable a bit more speed. How fast is a 35 turn crawler motor? I believe its brushed and sensored.I wasn't sure how good a brushless motor would be for crawling. I guess what I'm really asking is what would be a good upgrade for the wraith as a overall nice upgrade for it. Now that I have my Trailfinder it's not my primary crawler but it will be seeing plenty of rocks. So please enlighten me,thanks.
    You could say I'm an ADDiCT!

Question 1: No the 20T Axial Motor is not rebuildable.
    Question 2: I suggest you just upgrade the motor becuase the stock ESC is perfectly fine and is very capable. You don't need to spend the extra money on another esc if you go the brushed motor route! A brushed Tekin 35T is pretty good but it won't give you alot of speed. You can go with a brushless crawling combo from Novak but only if you DON'T go through water. Brushless motors are not waterproof! The brushless is more money because you have to buy the ESC too. and because its brushless.

FYI there is no such thing as sensored in brushed motors.
    Hope this helps!

der da deeerrrr,Yah I must have been confused while writing this. After looking through all the options my mind must have been on RC overload,lol.
    I went to my local hobbytown and picked up an Orion 19t Method. It was there and I wanted to fix my Wraith right away so I dropped the $20 spot on it. I forgot when I read my manual that I can run this ESC with any motor combo I wanted.
    I have never bought anything from Orion but I was delightfully surprised after I broke it in and tested it out for the first time. I'd say maybe 10% more speed,maybe. It really picked up in the torque department.For $20 I'd definitely reccomend for a quick fix.
    This is the first aftermarket motor I've bought and replaced for any RC.So I don't have much to compare it with,But For being in a bind and having limited choices (it was either the method or a venom motor) I'd buy it again. Thanks again X-trax for pointing that out to me.
    You could say I'm an ADDiCT!

Your welcome! Glad I was able to help!