Thread: just ordered the axial scx10

Cool just ordered the axial scx10

i just ordered the axial scx10
    ive watched a ton of videos on it and have done a lot of research because the one that i originally was going to get was the hpi crawler king.
    you can check out the other listing i posted earlier
    but i hope i made a good choice
    thought i would just share that with you guys

congrats on the purchase, you will not be disappointed. Did you get the new version "SCX10 Rubicon" or did you go with the standard SCX10?

How about the kit or RTR?

If you got the RTR don't be alarmed when your steering goes pigeon toed, you will need to upgrade the steering linkages for this not to happen.... they did it that way to act like a servo saver. Instead of snapping servo horns the steering linkage will flex.

Have fun and dont forget to take some pic's for us

ya i got the regular trail honcho
    i got it off of tower hobbies because it was $45 off and free shipping
    the rubicon wasnt free shipping and had back order
    i got the rtr and thanks for the heads up
    ill make sure to look into it

I ordered the axial wrangler and im having a buddy put his custom winch in it he using a steering servo and robotic electronics in it the wrangler has a different set up then hes used 2 and he want 2 move the steering servo and put the winch and steering side by side in front should i let him do it oif he has 2 drill holes?

that is depending the holes will weaken the front end if you hit something but with the working winch it would look sooooooooooooooooooooo kool :J

I would say no! the price of scale winches right now around $50 you should just pic up a purpose built winch and it will plug into the 3rd channel or AUX channel. some come with wireless remotes that can be use on a key chain, drilling holes in the chassis is nothing to worry about providing the holes are not to big and are not to close together(in the scx10 chassis)

why would you even run the winch beside the servo anyway? the servo is mounted under the body either on the diff case or if you buy the upgrade it can be moved onto the chassis under the body. If you put your winch beside the servo wont this look of a scale item be pointless under the chassis or body.... seems pointless to even do it then. I have kept mine on the front bumper then installed another on the rear deck of my 6x6

Also if your planning to use your winch alot either towing or pulling different rigs out or up places I would suggest using or buying an 8th scale winch. They have twice the pulling power and you wont have to worry about burning out the motor as much as you would with a 10th scale winch. Another thing to think about is changing out the standard thread/fake cable on the winch for an actual metal cable, reinforce the hook and invest in a scale snatch bloc for extreme pulling force

Just some more ideas to think about

Cool score!!! Can't wait to see it running

Congratulations on the Honcho... I've been looking more and more into getting one. I think the Honcho is a very fine choice.