Thread: B4 body

B4 body

Can anyone give me tips about painting a B4 lexan body?

Senior Member suburban_hooligan's Avatar
    iv painted several body's in my day, im sure i could probably give you some advice but i don't even know where to begin. what kind of tips are you looking for? what are you most unsure of or curious about?
    respect your elders. we've been around longer and done more stupid things than you, therefore we're smarter

Hello I have paint 3 bodies, and with just one collored... So i am looking for how to get the best finish on it... And how to paint nicest with 2 or 3 color ?

you can try the marble effect, its pretty simple
    check the paint section i did a little video for it

Quote Originally Posted by batman View Post
    you can try the marble effect, its pretty simple
    check the paint section i did a little video for it
    Ok, thanks ;D

Senior Member suburban_hooligan's Avatar
    brushed aluminum is another easy to do effect. all you need is silver paint, black paint and a stiff bristled paint brush (i use an acid brush). all you have to do is lay down a medium wet coat of silver then right away drag the paint brush though it in a straight line. it scraped away some of the silver and causes transparent spots and spots with no coverage. then let it dry and back it in black. the more you drag the brush though the silver the more distressed it will look.

here's the back of my stadium truck body with the brushed aluminum done (just ignore the pen scribbles they are on the outside of the body and are marks to let me know where to add shading) . it'll give you an idea of what it looks like and how to use it.

just a few pointers to keep in mind.
    don't get crazy with the paint. light coats will work better and last longer.
    use a quality masking tape or liquid mask. the cheap stuff just bleeds and can leave sticky residue on the body.
    make sure you use sharp hobby/razor blades
    take your time and don't try to exceed your skill level.
    buy a blank sheet of lexan to practice on. a 12"x12" blank is less than 5 bucks. better to mess that up trying something new than a $25 body
    respect your elders. we've been around longer and done more stupid things than you, therefore we're smarter

Quote Originally Posted by suburban_hooligan View Post
    brushed aluminum is another easy to do effect. all you need is silver paint, black paint and a stiff bristled paint brush (i use an acid brush). all you have to do is lay down a medium wet coat of silver then right away drag the paint brush though it in a straight line. it scraped away some of the silver and causes transparent spots and spots with no coverage. then let it dry and back it in black. the more you drag the brush though the silver the more distressed it will look.

here's the back of my stadium truck body with the brushed aluminum done (just ignore the pen scribbles they are on the outside of the body and are marks to let me know where to add shading) . it'll give you an idea of what it looks like and how to use it.

just a few pointers to keep in mind.
    don't get crazy with the paint. light coats will work better and last longer.
    use a quality masking tape or liquid mask. the cheap stuff just bleeds and can leave sticky residue on the body.
    make sure you use sharp hobby/razor blades
    take your time and don't try to exceed your skill level.
    buy a blank sheet of lexan to practice on. a 12"x12" blank is less than 5 bucks. better to mess that up trying something new than a $25 body
    Thanks