Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RC channels

RC channels

i already know this is a newb question and so are most of the ones i make im new to sport but here is my question

How do so many rcs drive on one track? i saw on traxxas trucks there are 4 channels but how are there races with a lot of trucks when there are only 4 channels? and how do you change channels what new stuff do you have to buy and everything and how are there races like do you have to have certain channels or what? could someone help me understand this whole concept
    DIRTSCOOT 572
    TRAXXAS STAMPEDE VXL
    RC8B
    youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/KawasakiDude101?feature=mhee
    Next up is SCX10 show me what ya got
    RC trailers for sale

jrevoman
    people use 2.4 ghz. no more channels or crystals. too change channels you have to buy new crystal sets.

hmm imma newb so thats confusing
    DIRTSCOOT 572
    TRAXXAS STAMPEDE VXL
    RC8B
    RC trailers for sale

Quote Originally Posted by KawasakiDude572 View Post
    hmm imma newb so thats confusing
    That's what this forum is all about bro! I've learned all kinds of things on here.
    2nd Place is the 1st Loser

E Revo Mamba Monster 2200kv
    Slash 2WD Stock with Homemade Swaybars

Youtube Account:
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChris1696?feature=mhum[/url]

Summitnutz
    The 2.4ghz(fm) can scan til it finds a open frequency and lock to that.
    The (am) uses Matching crystals one in transmitter one in receiver and can only use that exact frequency so if someone else has that frequency. one of you has to change.or you will interfere with each other.Thats the very basic answer as i am not a expert on these matters I'm still running am...I may be the last one on the planet to go 2.4

jrevoman
    lol! i've got a spektrum and traxxas 2.4 in my cars. and summitnutz if you want a 2.4 cuz it sounds like you like your summit, a lot, get a spektrum DX3E. i have it and you can precisely adjust everything. that is really helpful for crawling. steering rate,independent wheel steering, ahh watch my reveiw of it on my youtube channel (url below). unless you never drive with anyone, then dont bother.

very well explained!!
    full throttle or else it must be broke but breaking it is just another reason to build it bigger and better than before!

everything on my stampede is stock including transmitter so what would i need to replace
    DIRTSCOOT 572
    TRAXXAS STAMPEDE VXL
    RC8B
    RC trailers for sale

Summitnutz
    If yours is the am vesion(long whip antenna).to go to 2.4 you will need transmitter and receiver.If yours is a newer vesion short antenna it's already 2.4 your good to go.It will scan till it fines a unused frequency and use that.To change "channels"On the am you need the matching crystals for the rx and tx of the frequency that is not being used by someone you are running with.ebay has them.If you are planning on racing get the 2.4 it will save you some grief of worring about crystal sets and such
    Last edited by Summitnutz; 04-29-2011 at 10:07 PM.

yeah its 62 dollars if you take in your old reciever and transmitter and trade it in for a new 2.4 that comes with a reciever
    full throttle or else it must be broke but breaking it is just another reason to build it bigger and better than before!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast