Thread: Fs-Gt3b Review. Consumer review

Fs-Gt3b Review. Consumer review

Key Features
    Model Memory, Servos NOR/REV, Steering Trim, Throttle Trim, Dual Rate, End Point, ABS Settings, EXP Settings, Trainer Port (for VRC), CE & FCC certified

Specification,
    Channels : 3 Channels, Model type : car/boat, RF range : 2.40-2.48GHz, Bandwidth : 500Hz, Band : 160, RF power : less than 20DB, 2.4G system : AFHDS, Code type : GFSK, Sensitivity : 1024, Low voltage warning : yes(less than 9V), DSC por t: yes(3.5mmPPM), ST range : 90, TH range : 45(F:30;B:15), Charger port : yes, Power : 12V DC(1.5AA*8), Weight : 328g, ANT length : 26mm, Size : 159 x 99 x 315mm, Color : black, Certificate : CE,FCC

Includes :
    - 1 x 2.4Ghz transmitter
    - 1 x 2.4Ghz Receiver
    - 1 x Bind Plug
    Manual can be found on hobbypartz.com for PDF download

Tested in, Hpi Blitz, T-maxx 3.3, Losi SCTE B/L

Unboxing…
    Unboxing was smooth and not at all a haslte. The radio was well protected by a big stiff foam. It came with a over film screen protector to prevent any scratches while transport and packaging. You can choose to keep this on as a screen protector from scratches when using it. Receiver came out with a pull of a finger. Also very light (with-out batteries).

First time use/ installation…
    Batteries went into the radio just fine. The battery tray has a built in plastic bar to hold in a row of 4x. The receiver is tiny. Very small. I could fit this receiver almost anywhere on the test vehicles. The length of wire is generous and gets around fine with enough bend to cut corners.
    When I got my radio all wire up it was already pre-binded and ready to go
    When I drained my batteries past the 9v mark a loud “Beeping” sound came from the controller. This Is very nice cause I never would of noticed it and could have had a run-away. But run-aways are a big problem as it has a Built in Fail safe. Just with a single push of a button and a set position on the radio you can set your fail safe. I set mine to neutral letting the drag brakes on the esc to work and not the Rx. If your in a neutral position adjusting something and your fail safe is set to full brakes what may happen? Your Rx is set to go full opposite. Gas to brake, brakes to reverse, and neutral to reverse. So if your not on the gas when your batteries run out or if you hit the off button your going to be In full reverse. So just save some time and set F/S to neutral. So just let the esc work and not the RX. This wont hurt the review, just putting a point out there. This can happen on any Receiver.

After run review…
    After 8 packs of running I felt like I knew this radio in and out. It was very responsive. I drove as far as I can see and still could control it with almost instant response time. After this I started programing it. Dialing all the info needed. After all the testing in different cars I left it in my own personal Hpi Blitz. I centered trim with the push buttons above the steering wheel (which is a fixed position) and got the throttle trimmed out. This took all of 1min. No need to go find “trim” from 20 settings cause its right there.
    Also I like the fact that it only had 10m memory. I don’t want to pay to have 30m when I’m not even going to have or use that many cars/boats.

Negatives…
    -3 characters for naming. Now don’t forget this is a cheap radio but the higher end specs that have been included set the bar high. So when seeing it only has 3 Characters which kind of disappoints. But only slightly cause of all the other features it has. For only 35$!!!. If they had a 4th Character this would have been better. (Tmx-Tmax/ BTZ- Bltz/ Sct-SCTE) See what I mean.
    - Auto braking system. This isn’t ever used. Its like have 2 drag brakes. One on the esc and one on the Rx. They don’t go together. Ones stopping the motor from a free spin (+1) while the other one is creating its own commands to stop the esc from stopping the motor from a free spin (-1). This feature has slow (SLW), Normal (NOR), Fast (FST), and OFF

Additional notes…
    -Steering wheel is spring loaded
    -Antenna is flush with the top of the radio
    -Radio can stand at a 2 point position. (Tip of the radio, and tip of the Radio battery box)
    - Textured hand grip
    - Rubber steering wheel

You can buy this radio at hobbypartz.com
    http://www.hobbypartz.com/79p-gt3b-carradio-lcd.html

MRC Ratings.
    9/10 If the radio would of only had that one more Letter/ Character this would be 10/10.

This is a very nice radio and you can't beat its price.

It does have a known software issue where one of the adjustments doesn't work properly. That's really the only other flaw.

I'm anxious for the FS-GT4 to be released!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

I know. But the deisgn of the Fs-gt4 i dont like as much. I like the flat screen design and not a bent up one. But if they had a modern design to the Gt3 i would buy it for that extra channel. So i can run a Transponder without another cable.

Quote Originally Posted by megarallycar View Post
    I know. But the deisgn of the Fs-gt4 i dont like as much. I like the flat screen design and not a bent up one. But if they had a modern design to the Gt3 i would buy it for that extra channel. So i can run a Transponder without another cable.
    Why not? I'm guessing it was designed so that it was easier to read while in use.

Just personal preference.

Good review, its nice to see another positive opinion of this radio as I will be ordering one soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazzard View Post
    Good review, its nice to see another positive opinion of this radio as I will be ordering one soon.
    You'll be very happy. I felt like I wasted a lot of money on my Futaba 3PM-X after trying my friend's FS-GT3B. The Futaba feels much more natural and better made, especially the steering wheel, but not $140 more that I paid over the FS-GT3B.

Try throwing a bearing in the steering wheel. That's whati did and it helps so much

I got this radio the other day and after a few runs with it........I love it! Awesome bang for your buck radio!!