Thread: Hobby Partz

Hobby Partz

I want to express my disappointment with Hobby Partz. I purchased a Fly Sky 9 channel from them. Yes it was available elsewhere for less but with shipping about the same. This is my 3rd purchase with them. I have been flying for over 25 years. I had to wait three weeks after arrival of the radio for an ESC from Hobby King. After receiving the speed control I tried to use the system. The receiver was NOT bound to the transmitter nor would it. I ordered another receiver thinking I had installed the power plug incorrectly and caused it to fail. I paid 23 dollars extra for 2 day UPS delivery. The new one did not work either. I placed a trouble ticket with them and waited a day and no response. I called the next day and was on hold for 20 minutes. Finally someone took my call and we went through the motions with BOTH receivers and they would not bind. I was promised an RMA number within hours. After waiting a day I called back. I was told my purchase was now 2 DAYS over their return policy.

Now I have a brand new radio and two useless receivers. Never again.

Wow they really told you 2 days was over ? That's not cool

As much as it sucks a policy is a policy.

Feel your pain though have had stuff like that happen to me in the past...

Usually most stores will turn you away when it comes to repairs unless it is thier house brand (I.E. Amainhobbies and thier Protek stuff). If you contact the manufacturer, you may be able to get in touch with someone who will help you.
    I reject your reality, and blow it up with C4.

My Garage:
    Losi 8ight 2.0 E
    Losi XXX-SCT
    Associated B4.1 Worlds edition

that sucks..

Ive been ordering with hobbypartz for more than a year making numerous purchases all leading up to great reviews with supporters behind me. Sure there are some mix up's but the reports ive got back were about 90% good with hobbypartz helping them with there problems. I had a Gens Ace lipo go bad with the soldering inside disconnected and i opened a ticket the next day i got a response. Even though my warranty was due 1 day they accepted it replacing it with-in a week. That is what makes me keep coming back to them and that was the only occurance ive every had with there products. Ive heard others before but they were all helped, with there problems.

Yeah they will service the gens ace stuff because they are the main distributor for them and are more or less directly connected to gens ace. You can almost consider them the house brand.
    I reject your reality, and blow it up with C4.

My Garage:
    Losi 8ight 2.0 E
    Losi XXX-SCT
    Associated B4.1 Worlds edition

thats pathetic of them
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler
    -Helion Animus brushless

How rcman?

thats stupid
    they should at least let you return it to them and let you get yout money back for one of the recievers